View Full Version : Now I am officially out of the synchro team...

alhrayth
09-21-2004, 09:35 AM
... as some of you may know, at the end of last season I decided to quite the adult synchro team I was in, to switch to a dance club at the same rink. This after some quite serious disagreement with my coach.
I hadn't actually spoken to no one of the team about this, apart from one girls who was leaving too - I just assumed that the coach knew I was leaving (I had said that in one of our "conversations"), and me not showing up at the first practice would be just the confirmation.

Apparently this "lovely" (grrrrrrr) girl wasn't really convinced, since I got a text message on my phone a few minutes ago from a young member of the team, asking if I was going to attend tonight's practice.
Of course I politely explained her that I had decided to switch to ice dance.

I am sorry for them because I heard that several more girls have quit too - some to skate at another rink, some to quit skating completely - so there were only four of them at the practice yesterday... possibly this just confirms what I experienced - that our coach isn't this great person, if most of the team has already left...

Aussie Willy
09-22-2004, 03:20 AM
I didn't know but I find it interesting what you say. We have the same thing at our rink where the ladies group on Wednesday morning have coaches that alternate each week. One week all the ladies show up, the next week there are only half. That should say something about which is the more popular coach.

However you obviously are not the only one and there is some support from others for your decision by their resigning too. You probably just needed to talk to others about it and spread the world so there could be no confusion. If it was me resigning from something like that (like I have done with various committees in the past) I would not hold back telling everyone (particularly if I was peeved off) - but that is just me!! In fact when I resigned from an orchestra earlier this year because of the bad behaviour of a couple of committee members, my email got sent to practically every member of the orchestra (through another person sympathetic of my situation) which was a sweet kind of revenge.

Good luck with the ice dance though.