View Full Version : Autumn Skate Competition in Wilmington, DE

sk8pics
09-15-2004, 01:49 PM
The announcement for the next competition at the Skating Club of Wilmington is up on their web site at:

http://www.wilmicesk8.com

Scroll down for the announcement and application.

Debbie-- They have pre-bronze free skating again, and this time the program length is 1:40 max.

Anyway, lots of adult events, and they say that all adult events will be either Saturday or Sunday, November 20 & 21.

Pat

RNsk8r
09-20-2004, 04:10 PM
Does anyone know if they are going to let young adults skate in the adult events? My coach would like me to compete, because she has other students going, but I am only 24. I didn't see any young adult events listed. Thanks

Debbie S
09-20-2004, 07:46 PM
Thanks, sk8pics, I saw. I may compete there - I'll have to see how my schedule goes. My coach mentioned something about the team event - she coaches several no-test/pre-bronze/bronze skaters, so if I end up on a team, I'll probably compete FS as well. Are you competing there?

RNsk8r, I would check with the organizers. My coach told me that she competed in adult events before she was 25 - it depends on the organizers, but I would definitely ask, especially since they're not offering young adult events - the worst they can say is no. Are you doing the Halloween Classic?

sk8pics
09-21-2004, 06:00 AM
Hi Debbie--
I'm not sure if I'm going to do this competition or not. Depends on how things go the next few weeks. If I do compete, it will be interpretive and the pre-bronze/bronze compulsory moves. Not enough time to do a freeskating program. I'll definitely come watch, though!

RNSk8ter--
Definitely email the organizers and ask. I've always gotten timely and helpful responses from them whenever I've sent an email with a question.

Pat