View Full Version : GK Elite leotard/Mondor skate dresses sizing

skatingatty
09-14-2004, 11:14 AM
I've had a lot of problems buying skatewear/dancewear over the internet. Measurement charts can be erroneous, like for Sharene Skatewear; according to their measurement charts, I should be able to wear an AXS, but when I bought one, I couldn't even get into the dress (unless I wanted to bust it open, haha). Sometimes, like with Capezio, there's a difference between dancewear and skatewear sizes of the same brand. So, now I'm thinking of buying a Mondor skate dress and a GK Elite leotard on-line. Do these lines tend to be smaller or larger than average? I've found that GK and Jerry's skate dresses in Adult Small fit well, but Capezio skate dresses in size small are a little tight on me; Mondor leotards size small and Natalie dancewear small are also too tight. I'd appreciate anyone's advice on what size I should get for Mondor skatewear and GK leotards. Thanks!

dbny
09-14-2004, 12:05 PM
GK's are more generous than Capezio. I would say they are true to size.

Debbie S
09-14-2004, 02:27 PM
GK's are more generous than Capezio. I would say they are true to size.

I would agree, although I have found that GK dresses that are designed for older/larger people (the ones that start in size CL or so) tend to be true to size, but the dresses that are made for all age groups (starting in CS) tend to be a bit smaller. In one GK dress I have (a burgundy velvet one that has a slightly longer skirt and starts in CL), I wear a size AS (I'm 5'0" and about 100 lbs), but in another (one that comes in all child and adult sizes), I wear an AM.