View Full Version : Halloween Classic-Deadline Reminder

phillyskater
09-09-2004, 11:21 AM
Hello, everyone. Just a quick reminder that applications for the Halloween Classic are due next Wednesday, September 15. For anyone who doesn't know about it (although I'm sure most of you do because of my...um..."persistent" reminders :oops: ), the competition is an all-adult event (with Young Adult categories too) for all levels from No Test through Masters. The event will feature Freestyle, Pairs, Compulsory Moves, Spins, Couples Dance, Solo Dance, Interpretive, Improv and Maneuver Team events.

For those of you who have already entered, THANK YOU!! :) :) :)

For those of you who are still considering it, we have received a great response from skaters at all levels and are anticipating a good turnout and a really fun event.

Application forms are available on the website at www.iceworkssc.org.
For questions, please contact iceworkshalloweenclassic@iceworkssc.org

Happy Skating!!
philly

Figureskates
09-09-2004, 11:51 AM
I would love to do this but I have been so bisy with all these hurricanes, I haven't the chance to practice. My coash wanted me to enter this...maybe next year.

NoVa Sk8r
09-09-2004, 11:54 AM
I am SO excited about this comp. I hope I will commit to ALL 5 events I'm thinking of entering. >:^]

Thanks, philly, for your time and patience in answering my queries. Can't wait to meet you!

phillyskater
09-09-2004, 12:08 PM
I am SO excited about this comp. I hope I will commit to ALL 5 events I'm thinking of entering. >:^]

Thanks, philly, for your time and patience in answering my queries. Can't wait to meet you!

Hi NoVa!! It's no problem, I'm happy to answer any questions. And I look forward to meeting you too! We had a Board meeting about the competition last night and everyone is getting really excited about it. And I've already heard some rumblings about some pretty outrageous Interp. programs that are planned.... ;)

More importantly, however, we already have several vendors lined up to sell goodies for throwing (no vodka nips though, sorry...I guess this is a BYOV competition!) :D

philly

flo
09-09-2004, 12:13 PM
Hi Philly:
How dog-friendly is the area? I'm trying to go, but am having difficulty with a pet sitter. My long time friend-sitter just got a BIG dog that tried to eat mine (chihuahua). Any hotels that take tiny pets? What's the rink like?
Thanks

Stormy
09-09-2004, 12:47 PM
I just looked through the app, and I know it's late to be thinking about it! I'll bring it up to my coach and see what she says.
Is anyone doing Silver I, any events?

LoopLoop
09-09-2004, 12:51 PM
We had a Board meeting about the competition last night and everyone is getting really excited about it.

Hi Philly!
Do you have any clarification about the spiral step sequence for the silver/gold team event?

Thanks!

flo
09-09-2004, 01:03 PM
Hi,
Also, let me know if anyone needs another team mate - we don't have enough here. I'd do the spiral sequence and layback.

NoVa Sk8r
09-09-2004, 02:08 PM
As of today, I am entering:
-silver pairs
-silver FS
-silver spins
-Team Maneuver
-Improv

There better be plenty of nips available!!! :)
Don't worry, Loops. I promise not to drink any before our event. After--well, that's a different story.

Oh, philly, will the medals have the cool scarecrow on the opening page of the announcement? :P

phillyskater
09-09-2004, 02:13 PM
Oh, philly, will the medals have the cool scarecrow on the opening page of the announcement? :P

Yes, the medals are actually in the shape of the scarecrow, standing on a podium. They are VERY COOL. 8-)

NoVa Sk8r
09-09-2004, 02:15 PM
SCORE! :) 8-) :P :D
Yes, the medals are actually in the shape of the scarecrow, standing on a podium. They are VERY COOL. 8-)

phillyskater
09-09-2004, 02:16 PM
Hi Philly!
Do you have any clarification about the spiral step sequence for the silver/gold team event?

Thanks!

We are in the process of clarifying the specifics with the referee, who will then inform the accountant and the judges specifically what to look for. I am asking that it be ANY sequence of sprials down the length of the arena, front and back, any edge. But it may be several days before we get an answer (b/c I'm hitting the road for a few days of vaca 8-) )

Hope that helps!

phillyskater
09-09-2004, 02:18 PM
Hi Philly:
How dog-friendly is the area? I'm trying to go, but am having difficulty with a pet sitter. My long time friend-sitter just got a BIG dog that tried to eat mine (chihuahua). Any hotels that take tiny pets? What's the rink like?
Thanks

Very friendly in terms of parks and places to play with Rover (I have 2 puppies myself) but I'm not sure about the hotels. I would suggest calling the hotels on the list in advance to see which ones allow pets. I'm assuming some will, especially since he is a small guy.

And the rink is great. Four surfaces, very new, well-lit, modern. There are also two restaurants, a gym, a pro shop, game room, massage therapist on-site, etc. Former home to Elvis Stojko and current home of Liz Manley. I thnk there are pictures at www.iceworks.net.

LoopLoop
09-09-2004, 02:19 PM
As of today, I am entering:
-silver pairs
-silver FS
-silver spins
-Team Maneuver
-Improv

So you decided to be brave and go for all of them...

I'll be in:
silver pairs
adult interp
maneuver team
** haven't decided yet about silver spins **

flo
09-09-2004, 02:21 PM
Thanks Philly,
She's a travelling pup - spent a week with us at AN in Lake Placid. She also stood in for an absent coach. Pay is reasonable - a couple of milk bones.

NoVa Sk8r
09-09-2004, 02:23 PM
Heck, now that I know the medals are so cool, I may enter another event: silver jumps. :)

Actually, I'm still on my Peach high. I'm sure next week, I'll be thinking, one event is enough. So I better send in that application ASAP!

So you decided to be brave and go for all of them...

skatingatty
09-09-2004, 02:45 PM
I just looked through the app, and I know it's late to be thinking about it! I'll bring it up to my coach and see what she says.
Is anyone doing Silver I, any events?

Hi Stormy! I won't be there, because of the flight/transportation costs. Plus I'll be in Texas that previous weekend, and as I learned from my cruise experience, it's not a good idea to travel a week before a competition. Wish I could go! I'll be at the New Yr's Invitational and maybe the Adult Eastern sectionals. Good luck if you go! :)

Terri C
09-09-2004, 06:19 PM
More importantly, however, we already have several vendors lined up to sell goodies for throwing (no vodka nips though, sorry...I guess this is a BYOV competition!

Humm, maybe I'll stop by the ABC store (that's for Alcoholic Beverage Control for all non Virginians) or accompany my dad on one of his trips to the base with a stop at the package store as a part of the pre competition preparations in addition to packing and gassing up the car! :lol:

Since I'm debuting a new freekskate, I'm limiting my events to Pre- Bronze freeskate and Improv!

NoVa Sk8r
09-09-2004, 07:57 PM
Terri, you're my new best friend. I'm dedicating all my programs to you! :P

Humm, maybe I'll stop by the ABC store (that's for Alcoholic Beverage Control for all non Virginians) or accompany my dad on one of his trips to the base with a stop at the package store as a part of the pre competition preparations in addition to packing and gassing up the car! :lol:

Terri C
09-09-2004, 08:03 PM
NoVa,
Please remember that I said maybe- the nip shopping is not a done deal. I don't want to be the only one doing this!

manleywoman
09-10-2004, 11:37 AM
I really really want to do this one, since my parents are in Philly so it would be easy, but we're really trying to save money for other things that we need for the house right now. So I'm not sure I want to spend the plane fare, rental car, and entry fee. I may enter late and pay the late fee, once I see what this month brings. I'd be Masters Ladies if i went.

dcden
09-10-2004, 12:06 PM
Nova, I didn't see a silver jumps competition listed in the announcement... did you mean silver compulsory moves?

Whether or not you enter silver CM, you will be doing quite a bit at IceWorks. Are you aiming to be the Michael Phelps of adult skating?

As for me, I'm taking the "easy" route and just doing FS and Team Maneuver. That will be plenty for me, trust me.

flo
09-10-2004, 12:11 PM
I think it's interpretive and perhaps silver spins for me. Team would be good, but there's only two of us going from here. Any team need a layback?

NoVa Sk8r
09-10-2004, 02:27 PM
Den,
How right you are. I actually don't have the application with me (it's at work somewhere), but it would have been nice to have a jump event. I guess I'll *only* be doing 5 events, then. :) No silver CM for me, thanks.

I did 3 events at Peach and it went just fine. So, the more the merrier! I'm guessing the Team event won't be that strenuous as I probably will only be doing 1 move (although SuperNoVa team--is that our team name?--I did a few decent laybacks today; they were well-centered!)

I spent part of the 2 1/2 hours skating this morning training my brain for the improv event. Luckily, as I walked into the rink, Josh Groban was playing!

Nova, I didn't see a silver jumps competition listed in the announcement... did you mean silver compulsory moves?

Whether or not you enter silver CM, you will be doing quite a bit at IceWorks. Are you aiming to be the Michael Phelps of adult skating?

As for me, I'm taking the "easy" route and just doing FS and Team Maneuver. That will be plenty for me, trust me.

dcden
09-10-2004, 03:38 PM
Sorry but I had to groan at the Josh Groban remark... the Gay Men's Chorus of DC is singing "You Raise Me Up" as part of our Holiday concert this year... this, after having sung "The Prayer" last year. When we had to sing "The Prayer" again over the summer, some of us had gotten so jaded about it that we started doing mock sign language to it during rehearsals. If all else fails and you can't think of any choreographic movements for the Improv music, just do some sign language and hope for the best.

You can still be the Michael Phelps of adult skating... just be thankful you don't have his teeth. <<Shudder>>

Gosh I need to tone down my b1tch1ness so I'll stop for now...

NoVa Sk8r
09-10-2004, 03:50 PM
Well, "You Raise Me Up" is certainly not the best song on his "Closer" CD.
But Loops and I might skate to it for an exhibition. Guess you won't be in attendance for that one. :P

After Josh, I played some Pearl Jam, so that definitely was a, er, change of tune!

Ok, if I'm gonna be the Michael Phelps of adult skating, then my tagline should be, "Well, I just came here to win one gold medal!" I say that's where the groan should be. :)

Sorry but I had to groan at the Josh Groban remark... the Gay Men's Chorus of DC is singing "You Raise Me Up" as part of our Holiday concert this year... this, after having sung "The Prayer" last year. When we had to sing "The Prayer" again over the summer, some of us had gotten so jaded about it that we started doing mock sign language to it during rehearsals. If all else fails and you can't think of any choreographic movements for the Improv music, just do some sign language and hope for the best.

You can still be the Michael Phelps of adult skating... just be thankful you don't have his teeth. <<Shudder>>

Gosh I need to tone down my b1tch1ness so I'll stop for now...

Terri C
09-12-2004, 02:16 PM
Bumping up this thread to remind everyone that the application deadline is Wednesday!

Also, I failed to mention before that you will receive a confirmation e-mail when Philly and her crew get your application- my coach and the skating parents at my rink were pretty impressed with that!

Debbie S
09-12-2004, 05:23 PM
I guess I'll look forward to that e-mail this week. :)

I mailed my app on Friday. I'm doing Pre-Bronze FS.

dcden
09-12-2004, 10:21 PM
Nova, if you and Loops skate to that song, I'm sure it will be nothing less than fabulous. In fact, seeing you skate to that might make it easier for me to sing it in rehearsal. I'll just have to watch myself so that I don't mimic your movements while singing, or people will think I've completely lost it, again.

I'll probably make a visit to Mt. Vernon tomorrow night... if I don't see you there, there will probably be a PM waiting for you the next morning... hehe.

NoVa Sk8r
09-13-2004, 12:00 AM
Definitely, I look forward to the PM!
Though I may just show up.

Nova, if you and Loops skate to that song, I'm sure it will be nothing less than fabulous. In fact, seeing you skate to that might make it easier for me to sing it in rehearsal. I'll just have to watch myself so that I don't mimic your movements while singing, or people will think I've completely lost it, again.

I'll probably make a visit to Mt. Vernon tomorrow night... if I don't see you there, there will probably be a PM waiting for you the next morning... hehe.

NoVa Sk8r
09-13-2004, 08:28 AM
I'll try to tone down the choreography (i.e. no exhibitionist type stuff :) ). Wouldn't want you to embarass yourself or anything!

Terri C
09-13-2004, 06:34 PM
DcDen and NoVa,
Forget the Josh Groban issue- would you like to spend a entire session listening to Hilary Duff- that's what happened to me this afternoon!

gregyoshi
09-13-2004, 07:20 PM
You know, I never realized it until lately, but classic rock is great to skate to. A little Clapton or Santana anyone? I am so sick of pop and Josh Groban and at least the rock stations don't play the same stuff over and over and over and over........ Greg

NoVa Sk8r
09-14-2004, 11:38 AM
Application has been mailed; I'm now committed to 5 events. Michael Phelps--eat your heart out!

One day left folks to submit ...

dani
09-14-2004, 12:21 PM
Application has been mailed; I'm now committed to 5 events. Michael Phelps--eat your heart out!

One day left folks to submit ...

Mine is going out today. Anybody have room on a team for me?

Hugs,
Danielle

NoVa Sk8r
09-15-2004, 01:39 AM
I think my team is full up! :(

Mine is going out today. Anybody have room on a team for me?

Hugs,
Danielle

LoopLoop
09-15-2004, 07:10 AM
Sent my form in last night!

Dani, maybe you and Flo can get together on a team, then you just need to find one or two more people.

NoVa Sk8r
09-15-2004, 07:47 AM
A skater from NC--Kelton--was also interested. PM me for more details.

skaternum
09-15-2004, 09:06 AM
Nothing like waiting til the last minute! :P

flo
09-15-2004, 09:33 AM
Hi,
Dani,what would you like to do? What level? I'm available for the layback and spirals, how about the axel? Nova, how about the NC skater?

NoVa Sk8r
09-15-2004, 09:47 AM
He is a superb jumper!
He really wants to do this event. I can send you his e-amil if you like.

Hi,
Dani,what would you like to do? What level? I'm available for the layback and spirals, how about the axel? Nova, how about the NC skater?

skatingatty
09-15-2004, 09:50 AM
The NC Skater (I don't think he reads this forum) has a consistent axel. I've never seen him do a layback spin. I'm sure he can do spirals. Maybe someone can pm you his email. I don't have my skating club directory with me.

NoVa Sk8r
09-15-2004, 09:56 AM
Dani and flo,
I PMed you with some info. ... 8-)

InsideAxel
09-15-2004, 09:57 AM
A skater from NC--Kelton--was also interested. PM me for more details.

I heard he sucks... :roll:

Seriously, Dani & Flo, I would love to do the team event. I thought I had a team but it fell through. I can get the registration in the mail today if you'd like to send me your names, highest FS test passed and home club. You can e-mail or PM me.

I will do whatever elements you want me to...except I can't spin. Oh, and my spirals are terrible. :P

C'ya!

Kelton

ps - Thanks NoVa for the words! 8-)

skaternum
09-15-2004, 10:32 AM
I will do whatever elements you want me to...except I can't spin. Oh, and my spirals are terrible. :P

So in other words, you'll have to do the jumps. ;)

NoVa Sk8r
09-15-2004, 10:33 AM
Actually, calling 'K' a brilliant jumper is not out of line. And his spins have progressed very well this year. Kudos K!

I'll trade you a sit spin for an axel! :)

Seriously, Dani & Flo, I would love to do the team event. I thought I had a team but it fell through. I can get the registration in the mail today if you'd like to send me your names, highest FS test passed and home club. You can e-mail me at keltonb99 AT yahoo DOT com.

C'ya!

Kelton

ps - Thanks NoVa for the words! 8-)

InsideAxel
09-15-2004, 12:23 PM
I'll trade you a sit spin for an axel! :)
Hmmm, enticing. I could let the Axel go, but I'm gonna need the camel-sit-camel in return, Mr. SpinMan :mrgreen:

InsideAxel
09-15-2004, 12:24 PM
So in other words, you'll have to do the jumps. ;)

I gots nothing else to offer!! :lol:

flo
09-15-2004, 12:40 PM
So--looks like we have our team. Dani, Kelton, me, and my friend Kari.
It's a great way to meet folks.

LoopLoop
09-15-2004, 12:46 PM
I gots nothing else to offer!! :lol:

Liar! I saw a quite nice flying camel-back sit at Peach. :D

NoVa Sk8r
09-15-2004, 12:57 PM
Can she get a witness? Yes she can! I'm working even harder on my spins, K, since yours are coming along so nicely. 8-)

Liar! I saw a quite nice flying camel-back sit at Peach. :D

InsideAxel
09-15-2004, 01:18 PM
[QUOTE=I'm working even harder on my spins, K, since yours are coming along so nicely. 8-)[/QUOTE]

Now how am I supposed to catch up if you keep working so hard?!? :lol:

flo
09-15-2004, 02:03 PM
Ok - it's on the way to the mailbox. I'm trusting that my skates will be nice and comfy by Halloween.

NoVa Sk8r
09-15-2004, 02:08 PM
Since the range of my competition jumps will probably never extend past a lutz, I gotta do SOMETHING to stand out in the crowd--besides wearing oodles of rhinestones, of course! :P

[QUOTE=I'm working even harder on my spins, K, since yours are coming along so nicely. 8-)

Now how am I supposed to catch up if you keep working so hard?!? :lol:[/QUOTE]

NoVa Sk8r
09-15-2004, 02:09 PM
Hurray, another team at Halloween!

What's your team's name???

Ok - it's on the way to the mailbox. I'm trusting that my skates will be nice and comfy by Halloween.

flo
09-15-2004, 02:29 PM
so far - "Trick or treat"
How about yours?

NoVa Sk8r
09-15-2004, 03:02 PM
We're the "SuperNoVas"; NoVa referring to Northern Virginia.

How about yours?

dani
09-15-2004, 03:16 PM
How about yours?

I'll be the Trick and InsideAxel and Flo will be the treats ;-)

(I liked my alternative name ;-)

I never knew what the NoVa stood for - makes sense now!

flo
09-15-2004, 03:51 PM
Ha! We'll see. We can use your suggestion, "Last minute-first place" :lol: as our team motto!

dani
09-15-2004, 03:58 PM
Ha! We'll see. We can use your suggestion, "Last minute-first place" :lol: as our team motto!

That works!! ;-)

Thanks for letting me on the team!

InsideAxel
09-15-2004, 04:09 PM
Does anyone know what the format is for one of these Team Manuever events?

Does Team A do all 5 elements, followed by Team B, C, etc.?

or

Does Team A do element 1, Team B do element 1, until all teams have done element 1 and then start over with Team A doing element 2 and so forth?

Or something entirely different?

C'ya!

Kelton

skatingatty
09-16-2004, 11:31 AM
Hi Kelton! When we had the adult team competition at the '03 Central Carolina Classic, the judges had a skater do the same element right after the skater from the opposing team. Eg. layback spin person from Team A would do the element, then the layback spin person from Team B would do the element. Then the axel person from Team A would jump, followed by the Team B axel person. Good luck!

phillyskater
09-20-2004, 10:08 AM
Hello all! So I came back from a week of R&R in Italy to a stack of almost 100 applications for the competition! 8O So it looks like we're going to have a fantastic first year. Thanks everyone for entering! If you are still waiting for your e-mail confirmation, I appreciate your patience. I will have all of the registrations processed and confirmations sent by the end of this week.

And if you haven't sent in your application yet :oops: and don't want to miss out on all the fun, if you're really nice to me, I could probably manage to waive the $25 late fee. ;) So send it in!!

If anyone has any last-minute questions or suggestions for us, please feel free to contact me.

philly

P.S. I'm very sad that I missed the opportunity to have the lovely and talented Dani join my team :bow: (especially since there is already strife among the members... :frus: ) But Good Luck to you and the Last-Minute-First Placers.

flo
09-29-2004, 10:59 AM
Hi,
Philly - any word on the spirals? I'd aslo like to come up a day early to practice. Any ice?
Also, if any of the pairs need help holding blade guards at practice, last minute help on death spirals.....or putting you on the ice - let me know.

Thanks

phillyskater
09-29-2004, 11:58 AM
Hi,
Philly - any word on the spirals? I'd aslo like to come up a day early to practice. Any ice?
Also, if any of the pairs need help holding blade guards at practice, last minute help on death spirals.....or putting you on the ice - let me know.

Thanks
Hi Flo! We have a list of specific questions for the referee (that one included). She is at the rink this afternoon for a test session, so we are planning to get answers then. I'll post any info ASAP (and send e-mails to all the Silver/Gold Teams so that everyone gets the same information).

And yes, there will be a full day of freestyle ice available for practice on Thursday (7:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.). It's general club time, not "official" competition practice ice, so you may be better off stopping by in the middle of the day before the kids get out of school. If you call the rink (610-497-2200), they can probably give you better information about which sessions have the most availability. PM me if you want more details. There will also be "official" practice ice on Friday and early Saturday morning. The final schedule hasn't been set yet.

Terri C
10-04-2004, 10:37 AM
Philly,
Another question popped into my head this morning as I was doing inventory of my costume bag. What is the temperature like in the rink? Can you wear a tank dress and be comfortable or not?

flo
10-04-2004, 11:07 AM
Hi,
Which hotel is closest to the rink?
Thanks

phillyskater
10-04-2004, 12:17 PM
Philly,
Another question popped into my head this morning as I was doing inventory of my costume bag. What is the temperature like in the rink? Can you wear a tank dress and be comfortable or not?

Ya' know, that's a really hard question to answer. It is a modern facility and there are a lot places you can hang around in the building that are not cold. The temperature on the ice depends on which surface they give us (and I don't know that yet). Some are colder than others. I don't think any of them are as cold as some of the older rinks I skate at though. I've never been uncomfortably cold there. Sorry I can't give you a more specific answer.

philly

phillyskater
10-04-2004, 12:21 PM
Hi,
Which hotel is closest to the rink?
Thanks
I would recommend either the official host hotel (Renaissance Philadelphia Hotel at the Airport) (especially if you are flying in or traveling on 95 to get here) or the Concordville Inn. They are about the same distance from the rink (15 minutes or so). I wouldn't recommend staying in DE or NJ, even though it's not as far as you'd think. Hope that helps.

philly

Debbie S
10-04-2004, 12:44 PM
I don't think any of them are as cold as some of the older rinks I skate at though.

How does it compare to Wilmington? Actually, I found Wilmington in July to be warmer than it was last Nov, but that may have been an effect of the temp outside.

Any word on when the schedule will be out?

Thanks.

phillyskater
10-04-2004, 01:04 PM
How does it compare to Wilmington? Actually, I found Wilmington in July to be warmer than it was last Nov, but that may have been an effect of the temp outside.

Any word on when the schedule will be out?

Thanks.
I think the temperature at Wilmington fluctuates more with the weather outside than it does at IceWorks since IceWorks is a much larger facility. Honestly, once I'm out there training, I never get cold, so it's hard for me to make assessments about this.

We are hoping to have the schedule posted at least 2 weeks before the event. Definitely start checking the website by Oct. 15 (and one will be mailed to all competitors too). Late applications are still coming in and people are switching around categories, so it's hard to get a final count at this point (but we're working on it!!)

philly

sk8pics
10-04-2004, 01:51 PM
FWIW, I found the ice surface we used for the adult edge workshop in August to be freezing! I guess if you're working hard training you wouldn't notice it, but if you're standing around at all or not working constantly (or are waiting to skate) you could be cold. Layers, layers. But I am often a bit cold in the rinks I skate in, so it could just be me!

Pat

flo
10-07-2004, 09:51 AM
Received my confirmation - thanks!
It's now a race to see if I can get my new boots ready in time.
Any word on the spirals?
Also at the spin events I've watched (not entered any!), it was skater A's layback, skater B's layback, skater A's sit, skaterb's sit.......
In reading the spin requirements, it sounds like they are planned for each skater to do one spin after another, then the next skater goes on. I have to start practicing three in a row. 8O dizzzzzzy

NoVa Sk8r
10-07-2004, 10:02 AM
Actually, I think this is a spin program (since there's a time limit given). So you have to design a mini 1:30 program and do the spins in any order of your choosing.

But someone correct me if I'm wrong...

Also at the spin events I've watched (not entered any!), it was skater A's layback, skater B's layback, skater A's sit, skaterb's sit.......
In reading the spin requirements, it sounds like they are planned for each skater to do one spin after another, then the next skater goes on. I have to start practicing three in a row. 8O dizzzzzzy

phillyskater
10-07-2004, 12:35 PM
Actually, I think this is a spin program (since there's a time limit given). So you have to design a mini 1:30 program and do the spins in any order of your choosing.

But someone correct me if I'm wrong...
Hi NoVa - you're right. The Spins event is a compulsory program without music (and no extra elements are allowed). Here's the description from the application: "Spin events must be skated exactly as stated, but may be skated in any order. Connecting steps may be used, but will not affect scoring. All Spin events are skated without music and on half ice surface." Hope that helps.

As for the Spiral Step Sequence for the Silver/Gold Maneuver Team, the "official" word from the referee is that the element will be judged by the following standard: Any series of spirals, utilizing the ice either in a circular pattern or the length of the arena, containing at least 3 positions, front or back spirals on any edge. So you can do the Novice spiral sequence, or something close to it, or you can do a circular sequence (or any other sequence that meets the standard for that matter).

Good Luck!! :D
philly

flo
10-07-2004, 01:10 PM
Thanks!
Time to get this together.

flo
10-11-2004, 10:57 AM
Philly and anyone is having a Halloween event, Orientaltrading.com has some inexpensive give-aways.
Also, Target has some fun Halloween leggings in the girls section. The sizes are generous and fit adults. I plan on wearing the candy corn ones this week!

Justine_R
10-11-2004, 03:34 PM
Great!, I would love to join but what age is a young adult?

phillyskater
10-11-2004, 03:56 PM
Great!, I would love to join but what age is a young adult?
Young Adults are 18-24. We could use a few more Young Adult entries to fill up the events, but I would need to know ASAP (like today, if possible). The referee is working on the schedule, and once it's complete, it won't be possible to make any additions. PM me for more info.

To other competitors - we are hoping to have the schedule available by the end of the week. I'll post a message here once we have it. It will also be posted on our website (www.iceworkssc.org) and mailed to everyone with practice ice sign-up info. Stay tuned.

philly

P.S. We are planning to have some special celebrity award presenters this year, so be on the lookout for more info about that.... ;)

Justine_R
10-12-2004, 05:19 PM
Young Adults are 18-24. We could use a few more Young Adult entries to fill up the events, but I would need to know ASAP (like today, if possible). The referee is working on the schedule, and once it's complete, it won't be possible to make any additions. PM me for more info.

To other competitors - we are hoping to have the schedule available by the end of the week. I'll post a message here once we have it. It will also be posted on our website (www.iceworkssc.org) and mailed to everyone with practice ice sign-up info. Stay tuned.

philly

P.S. We are planning to have some special celebrity award presenters this year, so be on the lookout for more info about that.... ;)

Aww..Im only 13!:( Sorry to cause you inconvienience.....but if you can make an exception its 5 years! :) :)
I know..I know you can't but hey goodluck to all you adults.
Your such superstars!

Terri C
10-14-2004, 06:33 AM
Someone on Golden Skate posted that they heard that there were 175 SKATERS registered for the competition! 8O
Are those accurate numbers, Philly??

phillyskater
10-14-2004, 08:49 AM
Someone on Golden Skate posted that they heard that there were 175 SKATERS registered for the competition! 8O
Are those accurate numbers, Philly??
I wonder where they heard that?? There are about 100 skaters registered and over 200 starts. Skaters are coming from all over the East Coast, South and Midwest -- even three from Europe!!! (one from England and two from Germany). We are really excited about the turnout for our first year. And since the competition in the future will be held on Saturday and Sunday (not Friday), we are expecting the numbers to grow every year. Thanks!!!

philly

Mrs Redboots
10-15-2004, 06:39 AM
I think I probably know who the English skater is (Jenny B, right?), but who are the German ones?

skaternum
10-15-2004, 08:22 AM
I think I probably know who the English skater is (Jenny B, right?), but who are the German ones?
I was wondering that myself. I think it's great that they're coming!

phillyskater
10-15-2004, 08:45 AM

A German dance team from Munich - they entered the Pre-Gold Original Dance.

jenlyon60
10-15-2004, 09:05 AM
A German dance team from Munich - they entered the Pre-Gold Original Dance.

I think they also competed this summer at the E. G. Pickens Pro-Am Dance competition.