View Full Version : Buckeye Adult Open

sk8er1964
09-08-2004, 08:53 PM
The announcement's out. It's Nov. 6th and 7th. I've never been, but it sounds like fun. A lot of different types of events.

http://www.sk8stuff.com/utility/lister_event_detail.asp?id=2560

Elsy2
09-09-2004, 03:12 PM
Wanted to bump this up. SportsPlus is a very nice facility, this competition is lots of fun and it would be great to have adults support it. Otherwise it may go away......

Also the medals are really cool looking!

Michigansk8er
09-30-2004, 06:26 PM
I'm going...........thanks to an invite from Sk8er1964 to be on a moves team with her. I actually thought my coach would laugh at the idea considering I haven't been back on the ice very long. Instead he was excited, and said this is the kind of thing he likes to hear from his skaters.....concrete goals to work towards. Go figure!

Is anyone else planning to go? I hear the deadline has been extended? Does anyone know for sure?

pennybeagle
10-01-2004, 12:47 AM
I will be there, competing Silver I (first competition at that level...very nervous). I'll be competing up a level, and hope to pass the actual test on the 7th.

sk8er1964
10-01-2004, 01:45 PM
I believe the deadline was extended to Oct 6th, but I'd contact them to be sure.

I entered five - yes, count 'em - five events 8O . Gold freestyle, Masters interp, Gold jumps, the team MIF's with Michigansk8er and another girl from my rink, and Gold pairs . I've never skated pairs, but when a friend mentioned he needed a partner for this comp, I half-jokingly volunteered. (For those of you who don't know me, I'm not a small woman), He took me up on it, and I've been having a ball practicing. I just hope that there isn't more than 4 pairs, so I can boast on my first pairs medal! 8-)

sk8er1964
10-01-2004, 01:47 PM
I will be there, competing Silver I (first competition at that level...very nervous). I'll be competing up a level, and hope to pass the actual test on the 7th.

Michigansk8er and I will be there to cheer you on! (I don't think we've met - I'll have to figure out who you are :) )

Michigansk8er
10-17-2004, 05:32 PM
I just got word that the Gold team moves event has been canceled. Darn!