View Full Version : ISI Instructor's Seminars

Isk8NYC
09-05-2004, 08:24 AM
Now is the time of year when ISI offers its FREE Instructors' Seminars. If you go to the ISI Website and choose "Educational Programs" then "Instructors/Directors" you will see a list of the District offerings.

I went to this last year and it was very good. The on-ice required us to actually skate, so I'm getting my skates sharped NOW! I'm looking forward to the seminar again this year, as I'm taking an ISI Judges test. It was also a good networking opportunity, for those of you who are thinking about becoming instructors.

You can apply to receive PSA and ISI Instructor's Rewards credits for attendance since this is considered Professional Development.

Hope you attend and enjoy it as much as I did last year!

blades
09-11-2004, 09:13 PM
8-)

just got back from an excellent psa seminar in tacoma...wished i had attended the isi seminar of the previous day...

always a lot of good info exchanged and new skills and tips to pick up...

having a judge or two update moi on the latest (and i do mean the latest...fresh of the press) rules changes is very helpful too...

twokidsskatemom
09-11-2004, 09:31 PM
my dd coaches went this weekend, will have to see what they say on monday :)

CeeCee
09-12-2004, 08:35 PM
FYI:
District 4 is holding an open ISI Fall seminar On September 26, 2005 at the Bowie Ice Arena. My flyer says to contact Christine Wilson Brinton @ cbrinton@cityofbowie.org for more info. I know this is a free seminar and open to coaches of all Districts.