View Full Version : Rinks in or near Davis, CA?

skatingatty
09-02-2004, 01:40 PM
Hello all,
Do you know of any skating rinks in or near Davis, California? My husband is thinking of applying for a job there, but before I give the thumbs up, I must know about the skating situation there! Many years ago, I lived in SF and Berkeley, but never heard of any rinks in Davis. Thanks,
Judy

kisscid
09-02-2004, 02:00 PM
I did a yellow pages search and it didn't come up with anything - what are the names of some of the surrounding towns? Maybe something will come up for them? Good luck!
Cid

skatingatty
09-02-2004, 02:45 PM
Thanks, Cid- that's very nice of you to look. Davis is near Sacramento. If there's no skating rink within an hour's drive, I wouldn't want to live there. Is that weird? :)

kisscid
09-02-2004, 06:12 PM
Not so weird. I'll be in Sacramento this weekend. I'll check out the skating while I'm there and let you know.
Cid

PattyP
09-02-2004, 06:15 PM
I know there is are rinks in Stockton, Dublin & San Jose but I couldn't tell you if they are less than an hour drive from Davis. It's been way too long since I've been there.

kayskate
09-02-2004, 07:21 PM
Check out arenamaps.com
http://www.arenamaps.com/arenas/California.htm

Although it is not listed, I seem to recall one in Fairfield. UCD had a synchro team. I think they rehearsed in Fairfield. Look for the UCD web site.

Kay

Sk8s4Bananas
09-02-2004, 11:40 PM
There is a rink in Vacaville. I think it's like 15 or 30 minutes away from Davis. It's closer than all the other rinks! :) It's called Ice Sports Vacaville.

AnnM
09-03-2004, 11:04 AM
The rink in Vacaville is very nice: has two rinks, large "bench" area, indoor roller rink as well.

There is also a dual-ice rink facility in Roseville, CA called Skatetown. Roseville is 15-20 minutes from Sacramento, so depending on where you are exactly in Davis, it may be more convenient. This is where I started taking lessons again as an adult after a long hiatus. They have a great skating school, as well as some great instructors.

There is also a rather old skating rink in Sacramento. I think it's called Iceland. I never skated there, but did check out the interior once. I've heard that the ice condition is questionable at times. Plus, the surrounding area seemed a little sketchy.

During the holiday season, there is usually an outdoor rink next to the mall in downtown Sacramento.

skatingatty
09-03-2004, 11:43 AM
Thank you all for your replies. Sounds like Davis isn't skating-deprived! :)

SweetiePie
09-03-2004, 01:05 PM
How funny...I didn't think people had any idea about Davis :) I just moved away after 2 years of going to school and living there.

As for rinks, Skatetown is really popular in Roseville. It'll take you about 40 minutes to get there. I haven't been to Vacaville's rink but it is about 20 minutes away. And, as someone mentioned, the K Street Mall has an outdoor rink in winter and that is about 15 to 20 minutes away. (These are all distances from downtown Davis).

Good luck! If you need any other info on Davis, just ask. I pretty much know that town inside and out.

Sk8s4Bananas
09-03-2004, 08:45 PM
The rink in Vacaville is very nice: has two rinks, large "bench" area, indoor roller rink as well.

Sorry to break it to you, but there is no longer an indoor roller rink. The city took over and gave it to gymnastics. :cry:

Blosmbubbs
09-05-2004, 01:39 AM
It's definately not skating deprived, lol. A lot of up and coming skaters train in the Sacramento area, adults also. I just wish we had more rinks like that here in the Bay Area. :cry:

jazzpants
09-05-2004, 02:42 AM
It's definately not skating deprived, lol. A lot of up and coming skaters train in the Sacramento area, adults also. I just wish we had more rinks like that here in the Bay Area. :cry:Which rink do you skate at? (PM me if you don't people to know who you are.) I skate in the Bay Area too!

The San Jose Logitech rink is definitely nothing to sneeze about with THREE ice surfaces (well will become three soon) :mrgreen: :), lots of bench area and a ballet room!!! Same with the Oakland rink, though I certainly wouldn't want to be at that rink at night without Guido and Luigi walking me to BART, let alone park my car there!!! :lol: ;)

kisscid
09-14-2004, 02:36 PM
Hi Skatingatty,
Well I didn't get a chance to visit the Sacramento rink when I was up there. But it looks like some other nice folks from that area have given you lots of helpful info. Happy skating and good luck if you move.

skatingatty
09-14-2004, 04:19 PM
Thanks for your help and information! As far as I know, my husband hasn't even applied for the job anyway, but it's nice to know about skating availability. :)