View Full Version : Ice Vault in Wayne, NJ - nice rink

RoaringSkates
08-27-2004, 10:23 AM
Anyone here been to this rink? If not, I recommend it to those in the northern NJ - Orange/Rockland County, NY areas. I believe it's pretty new. There's 2 rinks, the ice is beautiful, it doesn't seem very crowded yet, the facilties are fine, plenty of parking, and their website and skating schedules are actually up to date. Here's the link:

http://www.icevault.com/indexb.php

I went there for the first time yesterday. I'd never heard of the place before that. My only complaint was that they keep the rinks pretty cold, and I'm used to warmer skating in the summer so was freezing with my tiny sweater. Otherwise it was a lovely skate.

Isk8NYC
08-27-2004, 08:22 PM
It is a very nice rink. In July, I went to the evening Adult Footwork Clinic/freestyle session and loved it. Nice people, not overly crowded or aggressive. And, it's really clean.

RoaringSkates
08-30-2004, 03:49 PM
Even the bathrooms were clean, even the floors. Amazing. I've never seen clean bathroom floors before in an ice rink.

I wish it were closer to my work. I won't be able to get there very often.

2sk8
09-07-2004, 07:50 PM
It is a beautiful rink and the atmosphere to date has been quite professional & friendly. I hope they try to maintain that when bringing in new coaches.

RoaringSkates
09-09-2004, 02:34 PM
I'd posted elsewhere that I saw Victor Petrenko, Tatiana Navka, and apparently Sasha Zhulin (who I didn't recognize) there on Monday. They appeared to be there for work, and between students it seemed. There were other famous-type skating faces I recognized, but couldn't place.

2sk8
09-13-2004, 06:58 PM
I beleive VP, NP & Galine have been working there since shortly after the rink opened. SZ & his skaters train at Floyd Hall Arena, Montclair and sometimes in Wayne, I think.