View Full Version : Does anybody skate on Long Island?

KJD
07-29-2002, 05:13 PM
My daughter and I are going to be visiting relatives this week, somewhere near the Piping Rock club area of Long Island (sorry not that familiar with it) and I wondered if anyone knew where we could skate one or two days. I did find Newbridge Arena but didn't know if there were any others. Many thanks.

KathySkates
07-29-2002, 07:06 PM
I skate at Iceland in New Hyde Park. I think that it is closer to where you will be. I come a long way to go there because I like it so much! Nice people. Iceland is on Hillside Ave and just west of Herricks Ave on the North side of the street. They have freestyle sessions from 6:30 - 10:50 am. Guests pay $16 per hour.
Warm Regards,'
Kathleen

KJD
07-29-2002, 08:32 PM
Kathleen,
Thanks very much for the reply. I actually tried to reach them today but it was a bit late in the day and all I got was recorded messages. Do you know if there is any issues with guesting - do I need to call and reserve in advance, that sort of thing? We are wanting to go on Thursday and Friday and you are right, it looks closer and that would be great!

Kate

KathySkates
07-30-2002, 03:52 PM
There are no problems with guesting. I opt to guest all summer because I am never sure when I will be at the rink. I will be there on Friday from 6:30 to 8:30 am. Look for me. I am the adult skater that is being totally abused by one or the other of the 2 male coaches. LOL! (But, I love every minute of it!)
Warm Regards,
Kathleen

sk8rzmom
08-06-2002, 06:00 PM
I've taken my daughter tto Iceland when we visit out relatives near Piping Rock, and the drive is not too bad. Get someone to take you the back roads and you can avoid all the traffic LI is famous for. My daughter has been treated really well there each time we've gone, and actually remembered her the 2nd and 3rd times! Another place cloise by is in Syosset on Underhill Road, and they have a pro shop full of skating dresses and sweaters. They have a website: Skate'n'Style