View Full Version : Idea

Sk8Bunny
08-14-2004, 07:43 PM
I'm posting this thread because I dont really want to PM a dozen or more posters lol. My intentions are not to point fingers, accuse, or start anymore arguements. Here's an idea: Whenever we, as skatingforums posters, read a thread that makes our hair stand on end (lol), instead of contributing to a pointless arguement, lets try our hardest to ignore taste-less posts. This way, we send a strong, but non-threatening/non-negative, message to those posters who continually stir up trouble. Next time you see a post that stirs up ragging emotions (dont feel bad, we all get this way sometimes!), fight the urge to respond and thus we will stop any encouragement of furthering a negative thread. I hope this makes sense, and to the moderators- I hope I'm not out-of-line posting this message, but I felt something had to be done to encourage us posters to not respond to negative posts, no matter how tempting it is. Thanks!

TashaKat
08-14-2004, 09:12 PM
I take it that I'm one of the people on your list?

Whilst I agree in principle with what you're saying you have to realise that it can be difficult to figure out if someone is just plain stupid or whether they're a troll. You don't want to go offending someone who is genuine which is why I carried on trying to answer questions while pointing out that some things aren't acceptable. In the end I realised that the thread was just going round and around which is why I posted my 'concerns'.

In the second thread which was a blatant attack on Flippet (don't know why as I was the one who originally commented on the possibility of him being a troll) I felt that I had to support Flippet, I may have been wrong but I don't like to see people attacked like that. I have *known* Flippet for ages through these boards and right back to FSW so it's like somebody attacking a good friend, I don't just stand by and let it happen.

As we can see there was a third reincarnation ..... just hope that the stupid boy has gone away to play elsewhere :roll:

Terri C
08-14-2004, 09:29 PM
FYI,
Since our moderators did all they could to stop this person, and that person kept resubcribing, I sent Adrian a PM. I'm sure he can correct the situation.

fadedstardust
08-14-2004, 11:19 PM
Someone should be able to block his IP address so as to assure the person never registers again, should that be the wishes of the board moderators/admins. It's usually the only way to keep a troll out.

Chico
08-14-2004, 11:28 PM
There have been a few occasions that I have gone nutso reading someones post. On these occasions I do take a deep breath and move on. Seriously, it's not worth it. And, on the few occasions when I have responded to a sensitive topic, I hope I've had good judgement to stop when I can't remain a person with reasonable restraint. I think many who post here are the same. The few who can't I avoid reading.

Chico