View Full Version : Anybody heard from Peach?

skaternum
08-10-2004, 04:25 PM
Rob told me today that he sent out e-mails last Friday to Peach Classic entrants. I didn't get mine, and I know of several other folks who didn't get them. In it, he gave the events you're entered in and info on the party.

Did anybody get an e-mail? (And who didn't get an e-mail?)

mskater
08-10-2004, 05:40 PM
I haven't yet received an e-mail either...

Beccapoo2003
08-10-2004, 08:22 PM
Nope, not yet. Should we bombard him with questions on his Geriatric Figure Skating Crew site? :twisted: :lol:
Becca from Alabama

LoopLoop
08-11-2004, 07:48 AM
I haven't gotten anything either. Hmmm.

skaternum
08-11-2004, 08:51 AM
Rob told me this morning (Wednesday) that he's going to resend them all. Maybe his or our spam filters are set to "kill."

skaternum
08-11-2004, 12:11 PM
I just got my o-fish-ul email from the Peach mail account. It included a list of events with only one entrant, that are in danger of being cancelled. Be sure to check it when you get your email. If you don't get an email in the next day or two, I'd contact Rob.

flo
08-11-2004, 12:42 PM
What's in danger of being cancelled?

TimDavidSkate
08-11-2004, 01:10 PM
who's doing gold men?

skaternum
08-11-2004, 01:59 PM
What's in danger of being cancelled?
Here's what was in the e-mail I received. I assume if no one enters these events, they'll be cancelled, as usual:
---------------------------------------
Single Entry Events:
We have a few events where we would like to get more competitors. If you are interested, please reply back to this message

Pre Bronze MIF,
Pre-Bronze Solo Dance,
Pre-Gold Solo Dance,
Young Adult No Test Freestyle,
Young Adult No-Test Compulsory Moves,
Young Adult Silver Ladies Compulsory Moves,
Young Adult Pre-Bronze Freestyle,
Gold Men's Jumps,
No-Test Men's Compulsory Moves.

Stormy
08-11-2004, 03:20 PM
Yeah, I got my e-mail today. I'm entered in Silver Free I, Silver Jumps I and Silver MIF I.

LoopLoop
08-12-2004, 09:49 AM
Still nothing... but they did cash my check!

NoVa Sk8r
08-23-2004, 11:30 AM
Hooray--schedule is up!

http://www.gafsc.org/peachclassic/schedule.htm

Stormy
08-23-2004, 12:58 PM
I lucked out, all three of my events are on the same day, and two events within an hour of each other! That should be interesting! :)

skaternum
08-23-2004, 02:20 PM
Holy cow! It looks like they put 5 pairs teams on the same warmup!! 8O Where's the smilie for "scared" ???

LoopLoop
08-23-2004, 02:32 PM
I was surprised by that too. :!:

NoVa Sk8r
08-23-2004, 02:39 PM
OK then, Loops, we need to incorporate hockey checks in our pair program warmups. :P

Beccapoo2003
08-23-2004, 08:39 PM
Hmmmm.............I've got one event at Sun 9:25 and another Sun 9:30. At least I'll be good and warmed up for the 2nd one! :lol:
Omigosh! This is my favorite competition! I can't wait to see everyone and to see what kind of mischief might surface! :twisted: 8-) :lol:
Happy skating!
Becca

mskater
08-23-2004, 09:48 PM
Attention: Nova, Loops, and Skaternum...

You guys can all come warm up during my event since there's only the two of us:]

NoVa Sk8r
08-23-2004, 11:57 PM
Attention: Nova, Loops, and Skaternum...
You guys can all come warm up during my event since there's only the two of us:]

Great, we just might take you up on that! Also, the sked only lists 20 mins for 5 teams with a 6-minute warmup? Um, I'm no math wiz, but how's that gonna work? Please no truncated warmups!
(Oh, mskater, please note that skaternum is in a different pair group, so no whacking is required--save it for the New Year's Invitational!)

And Loops, we won't have enough room to practice our Pamchenko!

skaternum
08-24-2004, 09:00 AM
Hmmmm.............I've got one event at Sun 9:25 and another Sun 9:30.

Yeah, my friend Michele has her freeskate that runs from 12:20-12:50, followed by her dance event that starts at 12:50. Yikes!

skaternum
08-24-2004, 09:01 AM
And Loops, we won't have enough room to practice our Pamchenko!

Ees not posseeble. Ees too dangerouz.

Mrs Redboots
08-24-2004, 09:40 AM
Yeah, my friend Michele has her freeskate that runs from 12:20-12:50, followed by her dance event that starts at 12:50. Yikes!I had this happen to me at Bracknell and, what was worse, I was drawn in the last warmup of the first event, and the first warm-up of the second. I contacted the event organiser as soon as I realised the two events were consecutive, and she said that if it was a problem (as it turned out to be), she'd see to it that the referee knew and, if necessary, the second event would be held until I was ready. She also asked someone to help me change.

In the event, I made sure that everything I needed for the second event was absolutely ready and to hand in the changing-room, and, with help, didn't hold anybody up for more than a minute. But BlueIIIMoon (and Skaternum's friend Michele) will know what I had to get out of, as it was my Master of the House make-up! Luckily I didn't need any extra make-up for the Waltzing Cat, as we skated in masks, and I had gelled my hair to death before putting Thenardier's wig on, so it didn't need to be redone. But it was a struggle. A lot easier the other way round, as I found when I had the two podiums at the Mountain Cup within a few minutes of each other....

But then, you get people who change their dresses between dances, and when there are only 2-3 couples in an event, they don't have long to do that, either! I only change if the two dances are held separately, as at the British Adults (and if I haven't lost another 3-4 kg by then, I won't be changing because I love my red dress, but it doesn't flatter me when I'm this fat!)

Wish I were going to Peach. Have a wonderful time, all of you who are going, and lots and lots of love to Rob and Maire!

dcden
08-24-2004, 01:28 PM
I am so jealous of you bronze ladies! You get to compete against Alice from the Brady Bunch!!! :

http://www.gafsc.org/peachclassic/14.htm

I wonder what she'll skate to? "It's a Sunshine Day"? "We Can Make the World a Whole Lot Brighter"? "Time to Change"?

Make sure you get an autograph for me!

(Ann is going to kill me when she finds out about this...)

skaternum
08-24-2004, 01:57 PM
I am so jealous of you bronze ladies! You get to compete against Alice from the Brady Bunch!!!
OMG, I hadn't noticed this. Too funny! :lol:

Terri C
08-24-2004, 06:46 PM
I am so jealous of you bronze ladies! You get to compete against Alice from the Brady Bunch!

Make that THREE jealous people! I wish that I were going to Peach too, but with switching clubs and a new program that is NOT ready... I'll be saving my energy for Halloween in Philly!!
DcDen, are you trick or treating with us in Philly???

dcden
08-24-2004, 08:26 PM
I'm planning on it but I haven't sent in the application yet. We'll see...

phillyskater
08-25-2004, 10:58 AM
DcDen, are you trick or treating with us in Philly???

I'll be there! I'll be there! (Oh, I guess you guys already knew that... ;)

Just a reminder...applications are due in only 3 short weeks. Keep em' comin'!!

philly

Terri C
08-26-2004, 06:31 PM
[QUOTE=phillyskater]Just a
reminder...applications are due in only 3 short weeks. Keep em' comin'!![QUOTE]

My application will be in the mail tommorow. I figured the coach and the club president did their thing, now it's time to get it off!

phillyskater
08-27-2004, 09:47 AM
My application will be in the mail tommorow. I figured the coach and the club president did their thing, now it's time to get it off!

YAY!!! Anyone else?? Come on, you know you want to....