View Full Version : Moves in the field question....

IceAngel725
08-05-2004, 08:42 PM
For pre-juv moves, how many sets of the 3 turns (f outside, b inside & f inside and b outside) are required?

Also, how many patterns of the five step mohawk sequence should i fit going down lengthwise?

Thanks!

vesperholly
08-05-2004, 08:48 PM
I would say do at least three forward and three backward 3-turns for 3 sets of each. No more than five sets, and you can split (do four forward and three backwards). Too many means you don't have enough flow or power, too few means you can't control a lobe.

As for the five-step mohawk, I'd say five patterns. You have to do it down both sides of the rink, so if you start and end with RFI mohawk side, you'll set yourself up going across the end not into the corner.

IceAngel725
08-06-2004, 11:39 AM
Thanks! I've been doing 3 sets of the three turns and am working towards having 5 patterns of the mohawk sequence, sometimes it doesn't work as well and i only get 4 (which is still better than the 3 i used to have!), but this is the move i've been working on the least so hopefully when it all comes together i'll have 5.

skaternum
08-06-2004, 01:07 PM
The most important question of all: What does your coach say? (That's the person you're paying to be an expert at this.)

Clarice
08-06-2004, 03:14 PM
You can't go wrong if you try to make it look like the picture in the rule book.

IceAngel725
08-06-2004, 04:35 PM
Skaternum, my coach looked in her book and it didn't really specify so she's finding out, i just figured i'd try to find out as well.