View Full Version : Finding A Partner

Justine_R
08-04-2004, 08:36 AM
Hi,
I have been looking for a dance partner for quite a while and I can't seem to find one anywhere I've looked on all the sites and there's just nothing.
Please can someone help?
Thanks.

skaternum
08-04-2004, 08:56 AM
Well, aside from creating a man from clay, what do you want us to do? :) There's simply a shortage of male skaters interested in dance or pairs. If you've tried all the usual routes (partner search sites, networking with coaches who know other coaches who teach boys, etc), you may have to just resign yourself to the fact that you'll be skating solo.

I'm not trying to stomp on your dreams, but the reality of the situation is that most girls never find partners.

Elsy2
08-04-2004, 12:39 PM
I suggest you continue to test as high as you can, and compete solo dance too. The more accomplished you are in dance will increase your chances of being a desirable partner. Good luck!

Here in the US, dancers competing freedance levels must also pass the corresponding moves in the field tests. Not sure how that works in Canada.

TashaKat
08-04-2004, 12:50 PM
Are you willing to travel to another rink? Would you be happy to start out with someone who is at a lower level than you? Do you have any male friends who you could persuade to take up skating? (Grow your own so to speak ;)).

As skaternum said, it is nigh on impossible to get a partner and the guys that are around are in GREAT demand.

ITA that you should concentrate on your skating and speak to your coach and see if they can keep an eye out for someone.

Good luck

luna_skater
08-04-2004, 02:17 PM
Here in the US, dancers competing freedance levels must also pass the corresponding moves in the field tests. Not sure how that works in Canada.

Nope. You don't have to have the corresponding skills tests in Canada.

CanAmSk8ter
08-05-2004, 07:23 AM
Nope. You don't have to have the corresponding skills tests in Canada.

That's it- I'm moving to Canada! I hate moves in the field.

luna_skater
08-05-2004, 11:40 AM
Well you don't HAVE to do them, but they help. ;)