View Full Version : Test Day!?!!!

TXSKATER
08-02-2004, 12:21 PM
Well I finally tested the Dutch Waltz and Rhythm Blues yesterday and I just want to say 3 things...

1. Thank God there was a freestyle session before the test session because I found out it is really hard to do the swing rolls when your knees are locked solid...

2. The warm up is no warm up but a time to trip over one's toe picks and go into a minor melt down (at which point, my coach told me to "shut up and skate" in his cute Russian accent which made me laugh - something I needed to do as I was getting WAYYYY too stressed... ;) )

3. The test was over so quickly and surprising I'm excited to get started on some new dances and have even committeed to testing in November (hopefully the C. Tango and the swing - I definitely like the waltzes...)8O !!!

I was going to take off this week as my coach and his "competitive" teams are in Lake Placid but figure I'll go and mess around and should continue to work on those horrid back tucks as they were not the best during the test However what made my day was that one of my dance judge friends came up to me after the test and said that she really like my progressives as they were not X-overs. I have really struggled with the progressive in the CW direction and still have to think about what I'm doing. Other comments where about the expression of the dances so I figured I must not have looked too terrified and coach :lol:
On a whole, most people did pass yesterday with only a few retrys which was good. My friend passed her Fiesta Tango which I was really excited for her... I got to see several junior free dances tested and there were alot of things happening during these programs. I never realized that twizzles in unison could be so difficult. Hopefully, these teams have several months to smooth these out before Regionals. Well, I could ramble on but I won't but I think I'm hooked (on dance but the lines still out on testing...)

backspin
08-02-2004, 09:04 PM
congrats! The first test is always the hardest, no doubt. I totally know what you mean about losing ALL ability to bend your knees! It does get better.

Onward & upward--you're on your way! :)

Mrs Redboots
08-04-2004, 04:38 AM
Indeed, congratulations! :bow: And yes, any sort of skating in unison is extremely difficult, but especially twizzles!

Justine_R
08-04-2004, 08:32 AM
Hey congrats!!!..I remember my Dutch Waltz I was so nervous i was almost crying. :?? Weird.
I don't stress anymore on dances but on Skills i do I can't seem to help myself...heheh oh well.