View Full Version : New rules for the USFS?

Joe Impressive
08-01-2004, 11:39 AM
Hello,

I was reading my new Skating Magazine and came across two rules, one supposedly passed and the other proposed. The one that I am pretty sure that was passed was an age restriction on the Preliminary level, being under age 11. Is this true and if so when is it effective. Also, there is a proposition for two Senior tests, competitive and non-competitive. It states that there would be two tests with differing difficulty. How would this work and would people who have already passed Senior have to go back and take a competitive test? :frus:

Clarice
08-01-2004, 04:23 PM
The only thing I can find in the Combined Report of Action involving Preliminary level and an 11 year old age limit refers to Synchronized Team Skating. The two-tiered test structure for Senior free skating did not pass. I believe the issue is still under study, however, and will be presented at the next Governing Council.

backspin
08-01-2004, 04:49 PM
Also, you would not have to go back & take another test (I'm 99% sure!), just like competitive skaters didn't have to go back & take their MITF tests when they were incorporated.

Or like anyone already through pre-gold dance didn't have to go back & take the Starlight waltz when they added that last year.