View Full Version : Ice rinks near Avalon, NJ?

CaraSkates
07-30-2004, 01:01 PM
We're going on vacation tomorrow to Avalon/Stone Harbor area and there's a chance of rain. I was wondering if there are any rinks close enough to make taking my skates worthwhile? If it rains I don't want to be stuck inside with nothing physical to do! If it's sunny I won't mind missing skating for a week because I LOVE the beach! Thanks everyone! (we go every year so I can use this information for next year too!)

phillyskater
07-30-2004, 01:22 PM
Unfortunately for us who vacation there too, there aren't any rinks close to Avalon/Stone Harbor unless you feel like making the trip up toward the Atlantic City area. But there is a decent (small) gym in Avalon called Island Fitness that has daily and weekly rates (and yoga classes) so at least you can get a good workout if the weather doesn't cooperate.

Have fun!!

philly

NJSk8Fan
07-30-2004, 08:29 PM
I hope you enjoyed your time in the Avalon/Stone Harbor area. We used to frequent Stone Harbor in our younger years. We haven't been down even for a day in 2 years now. I miss it immensely!
It would be wonderful to have a skating rink down there for bad-weather days! Or just to cool off!