View Full Version : Camel spin

figure_skater
07-29-2004, 11:10 AM
I desperately need help with my camel spin! I just learned it yesterday and I can go around aout twice but it is VERY bad.

Any advice on the camel spin?

kayskate
07-29-2004, 12:43 PM
If you just learned it yesterday and can already go around 2x, you don't have anything to worry about. Keep practicing. IMO, the camel is the hardest spin to learn.

Kay

MQSeries
07-29-2004, 01:26 PM
Maybe if you can explain what happen to your body after the second revolution that make your camel stop, ie. does your body begin to draw big traveling circles ..., then people can give you advice on how to improve it.

But I agree that it's pretty good that you can go around 2x and you just learned it. Now the next time you do it, try to go for 3 revs. Once that gets comfortable, go for another extra revolution and so on.

The hardest spin for me is the fwd sit spin. Everytime I sit down I either hit the toe-pick or leanl back too much or get on an outside edge, etc. I hate that spin.

newfieskates
07-29-2004, 01:41 PM
again thats good if you van already do 2 revs. try pushing into it a little faster if you arent to nervous about it<I know i was when i first learned it> and that should get you more speed to rotate more.

mikawendy
07-29-2004, 02:53 PM
See also this thread:

http://www.skatingforums.com/showthread.php?t=14372