View Full Version : Halloween Classic application on-line!!

phillyskater
07-29-2004, 09:06 AM
Okay all you Adults out there (and young adults 18-24), the application/announcement for the 1st Annual IceWorks Halloween Classic is now available on-line at www.iceworkssc.org. Applications are due September 15, 2004.

From the response we've received so far, we are anticipating a GREAT turnout. So I hope you are all planning to bring your costumes, practice your apple-bobbing skills and make the trip to sunny Philadelphia. (Where else would you rather be in late October anyway, really?)

Keep those questions comin' at iceworkshalloweenclassic@iceworkssc.org.
Hope to see you all this Halloween!

philly

skaternum
07-29-2004, 09:30 AM
I can't make it this year, but I hope it becomes a regular thing. Good luck on the inaugral competition! Hope you have a good turnout.

Debbie S
07-29-2004, 09:45 AM
Thanks for posting about this. I won't know if I'll be able to come until the end of August (I need to make sure I don't have any major b-school assignments over that weekend), but I have a (very preliminary) question: If I sign up for Pre-Bronze FS and you don't get enough skaters to have the comp, will I get the option of switching to Bronze FS?

I passed Pre-Bronze FS, so I could do either, but I'd probably be more competitive in Pre-Bronze. But I know Pre-Bronze comps usually get fewer entries than other levels.

Then again, I could get a flip and lutz by the entry deadline which make me more of a Bronze-level skater, but the way I'm going that's probably unlikely - lol.

phillyskater
07-29-2004, 10:19 AM
I have a (very preliminary) question: If I sign up for Pre-Bronze FS and you don't get enough skaters to have the comp, will I get the option of switching to Bronze FS?

Hi Debbie! I really hope you can make it to the competition (By the way, are you doing Wilmington this weekend? Maybe I'll see you there).

Regarding your question, the referee is in charge of scheduling and canceling events without a sufficient number of entries, but we could certainly work with her to offer skaters another option if their event is cancelled. I will try my absolute best, but since scheduling is out of our hands, I can't make any guarantees right now. I've already had a number of skaters express an interest in the Pre-Bronze events (including 2 skaters at my rink), so I don't anticipate it being a problem.

Thanks,
philly

Terri C
07-29-2004, 10:24 AM
If I sign up for Pre-Bronze FS and you don't get enough skaters to have the comp, will I get the option of switching to Bronze FS?

Hey Debbie,
I'm doing Pre Bronze freeskate at this competition, so don't worry!

Philly, is there a official hotel for the competition?

flo
07-29-2004, 10:54 AM
I hope to be there as well. The woman who helped me with the voice over for my friends program has yet to see it, so I'll get to skate the program one more time. She's a great supporter of the adults and instrumental in having the first AN.

Will ther be a costume party? Trick or treating? The great pumpkin?

phillyskater
07-29-2004, 11:37 AM
Philly, is there a official hotel for the competition?

Yes, there are "official" hotels for the competition that will be offering discounts. Unfortunately, I don't have that information handy at the moment. But as we speak, we are working to have that information added to the website, so it should be available very soon.

And yep, there is going to be a costume party (and NO...you can't go as a "skater" :lol:). We are planning lots of fun things for that: food, drinks (cash bar, by request), music, games, contests, etc. (and maybe even an appearance by Liz Manley!) And of course, friends and family are welcome to attend the party too.

philly

Debbie S
07-29-2004, 11:43 AM
Thanks, Philly and Terri!

Assuming that I can make it, I'll probably do Pre-Bronze FS and Bronze compulsory.

Yep, I'm competing at Wilmington, in Bronze FS. I'm hoping to get to the rink in time to see the adult compulsory events, but it depends on traffic. I definitely plan to watch sk8pics in the interpretive. Are you doing FS, philly?

I would have done Pre-Bronze this weekend but the time limit is 1:10 and my music is cut to 1:39 - for the New Year's comp last January. I'm glad the time limit for Pre-Bronze at the Halloween comp is more standard.

Terri C
07-29-2004, 11:59 AM
And yep, there is going to be a costume party (and NO...you can't go as a "skater" :lol:).

Maybe someone (not me!) will go as the Underwear Phamtom :lol: !
With this being a adult competition and on the heels of the Peach Classic, I just had to say that!

sk8pics
07-29-2004, 12:15 PM
I wish I could do this event, but I will be at Skate Canada that weekend. Oh well. I hope you get a nice turnout and it becomes an annual event! Of course, next year Skate America is in Atlantic City, so I hope there won't be a conflict if it the event is held next year, too!

Phillyskater--It sounds like you are doing Skate Wilmington this weekend, right? Were you there last year? Are you doing Interpretive this year?

Pat

phillyskater
07-29-2004, 01:31 PM
Phillyskater--It sounds like you are doing Skate Wilmington this weekend, right? Were you there last year? Are you doing Interpretive this year?

Hi, Pat. I've done Bronze FS at Wilmington for the past couple of years. This year, I'm only doing compulsory moves and spins because I'm coming off a back injury (with 8 weeks off the ice) so I knew I wouldn't be ready in Freestyle at the level I was during AN.

And to all who have inquired, we do plan on making the Halloween Classic an annual event (as long as I can prove to the club that there is enough interest...which there definitely is 8-) )

Anyone else planning to make the trip to Philly?

newfieskates
07-29-2004, 01:33 PM
I'm not qualified either but good luck to anyone entering this competition.

kisscid
07-29-2004, 01:50 PM
It sounds like great fun!! Too bad I'm not competing USFSA yet. next year I am getting married in October. I wonder if my new hubby would mind taking time out from our honeymoon to do this comp? LOL
Cid