View Full Version : Skating dresses for sale!

vesperholly
07-20-2004, 08:37 PM
I hope this is an okay place to put this... if not, moderators please move to the right place.

I cleaned out my skating clothes today since I can't skate due to a sprained ankle and have some free time, and found a bunch of dresses I haven't worn in ages. They are all simple but flattering styles, mostly GK, and start at $15 per dress. Please take a look! :)

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=eilonwy72

Mel On Ice
07-21-2004, 10:45 AM
I've put a bid on one at least!

montanarose
07-22-2004, 09:53 AM
I've bid on two (or is it three? :roll: ). I love GK ELite's stretch velvet and AXL is just my size!

DancinDiva
07-22-2004, 10:00 AM
add me to the list of bidders! :)

vesperholly
07-22-2004, 11:06 AM
Thanks guys! You are donating to an excellent cause - my skating! :)

I lurrve that dark teal dress, but I can't wear it with the stones on it. Too showy for tests, not showy enough for competition and way too hot for practice. But it's not doing me any good sitting in a drawer. :cry: To a better home it goes.

I have a few more dresses and some nice fleece pullovers that I will put up probably tonight or tomorrow. I'll post when they're up. Keep bidding! :)

vesperholly
07-24-2004, 05:00 PM
Okay, I put another dress and some fleeces up - please check it out, and thanks to those who already bid! :bow:

http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=eilonwy72

vesperholly
07-27-2004, 09:00 AM
bump! Most of the auctions end tonight around 9pm! :)

kisscid
07-27-2004, 02:53 PM
My Honey is going to kill me. I told him I wouldn't get any more skating dresses (I rarely ever wear them) but I just had to bid on one. It's so hard finding AXL dresses.
Cid

Michigansk8er
10-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Any chance you've been cleaning closets again? I could really use an Adult XL for Buckeye..........along with a black skirt (the kind with the pants attached).

Justine_R
10-12-2004, 09:35 PM
I missed it!!, DARN!
And I had money from babysitting :) in my bank account.

Mel On Ice
10-13-2004, 12:18 AM
I'm actually going to try some dresses on and do a little tough love on a few of them, so I might have some dresses we can haggle over Leslie, although you are tall and thin and I'm... not. :D Thank God for stretch velvet!

vesperholly
10-13-2004, 02:04 PM
Any chance you've been cleaning closets again? I could really use an Adult XL for Buckeye..........along with a black skirt (the kind with the pants attached).
Unfortunately I think that's about it for my closet. I have some competition dresses I am thinking about selling, but they're strappy in light colors. :)

Michigansk8er
10-13-2004, 05:16 PM
Mel,

Let me know. I was thin...........note WAS. I'll need that velvet to stretch every which way. Anyhow, I need a dress for my spin event, and a skirt for moves. Off to Ebay I go......... I do have a kelly green dress I'll use as last resort.

Mel On Ice
10-13-2004, 10:47 PM
Leslie -- I'll take some digital pics and email you.

Mrs Redboots
10-14-2004, 05:52 AM
Michigansk8r and anybody else in a similar fix: For total "last resort", do you have a black practice-skirt? If so, you're laughing. If not, you can probably find a pull-on "disco-type" skirt in a cheap clothes shop. Teamed with the gold sweaters that are in the shops every Christmas, it would look great. I've also seen skaters here make temporary skirts out of shawls, which they have swathed and pinned to a black leotard or body-shirt. Tied on one side, so that it makes a long-on-one-side-short-on-the-other skirt. Again, very effective. Or could you do something creative with one of the ponchos that are being sold absolutely everywhere this season?

Michigansk8er
10-14-2004, 04:00 PM
Leslie -- I'll take some digital pics and email you.

Thanks! I did buy on on EBay today. We'll see how that goes too. I should clear out some of my stuff too. I see the commission on the consignment stuff at this year's AN is 25%. Yikes!

Mrs. Redboots,
Great ideas! Now, to find a leotard in tall. Another long torso item that is difficult to find. Sigh.............

flippet
10-14-2004, 04:32 PM
Now, to find a leotard in tall. Another long torso item that is difficult to find. Sigh.............Here's one I found: http://www.discountdance.com/frame_set.php3?mf=/dancewear/page_LEO_p1.html

Ack! It doesn't link directly. Anyway...it's the ABT Camisole Leotard (Tall Sizes) , Capezio, number 7300T.

(I can't figure out how to put the link behind a cut anymore....:?: )

SDFanatic
10-16-2004, 11:05 PM
Mel,

Let me know. I was thin...........note WAS. I'll need that velvet to stretch every which way. Anyhow, I need a dress for my spin event, and a skirt for moves. Off to Ebay I go......... I do have a kelly green dress I'll use as last resort.

Try this one http://www.thecostumecloset.com/cat_detail.asp?Category=sale-dress&id=WL1-S

I'm sure they may have something to fit you as I have a long torso also, it's not velvet however.

On a side note, the only event in which ladies are now required to wear a skirt is in pairs dance, you can wear trousers in any other event if you so wish.

Steven

Michigansk8er
10-17-2004, 10:01 AM
Thanks everyone! :D

Michigansk8er
10-23-2004, 05:57 PM
Well, I don't need the leotard after all. Our moves event was canceled..........due to lack of interest. We were the only team foolish enough to enter, I guess.

The dress I "won" on eBay came in the mail today. It's in perfect condition and fits like it was made for me.......... a real steal (Sharene with rhinestones) for $26. Now, to get my skating in gear.

mikawendy
10-23-2004, 08:09 PM
Thanks! I did buy on on EBay today. We'll see how that goes too. I should clear out some of my stuff too. I see the commission on the consignment stuff at this year's AN is 25%. Yikes!

Mrs. Redboots,
Great ideas! Now, to find a leotard in tall. Another long torso item that is difficult to find. Sigh.............

Hi there, Michigansk8er--
Mirella makes some of their leotards in a tall version. I don't think any of them have long sleeves, so they may be a bit cold for winter use, but they have a few models available in tall. Some of them are low cut but others are fairly high in front and back. Some come with adjustable straps, and a few have hidden underwires. Their leotards are on the pricey side but are very nicely designed. They're avaiable on-line through a bunch of dancewear web sites. I don't know the exact web sites, but you could probably google to find Discount Dance Supply and New York Dancewear (I think that's what it's called). I often order from Discount Dance Supply. Their prices are usually around the same as the other dancewear catalogs--and considerably cheaper than in-store retail prices--and their customer service is great. Also, I think New York Dancewear offers a large selection of customizable leotards--you pick the color and cut out of a large seletion of each, and they might offer a tall option, I'm not sure.

flo
10-25-2004, 10:22 AM
Hi,
I love Mirella products. They actually do have a couple with long sleeves.