View Full Version : Pairs Skating

caiterskater
07-15-2004, 09:10 PM
Hello! my name is Caitlin Parker I am 13. I live in Tillsonburg Ontario Canada and am currently looking for a pairs partner! I am very petit i am 5'2" and i weigh 85lbs! I am trying my Sr.Silver free skate test in a month i have my gold skills and am working on the killian and starlight for dance. But i am looking for a freeskate partner NOT dance!!!!!I have all doubles up to double flip consistant and my double lutzes are getting there i am starting to work on triple toe's!!At this time i am not willing to relocate but i am willing to travel 2 or 3 hours for the right person!! I am looking for a partner to skate Juvenile or Intermediate pairs!!!!!!!!! Please Reply i need all the help i can get!

Thanks
Caitlin

TashaKat
07-15-2004, 11:43 PM
i am not willing to relocate because i dont want to leave everything i have here i will make it work though for the right person!! please email me back at candy_kisses_xoxo@hotmail.com asap and tell me if you are interested or you know anyone that is!
Thanks
Caitlin

Hi, to be honest this isn't the best place to find a partner, you may be better asking your coach to ask around or go to one of the 'partner search' sites that are available.

Also you will have to accept that you are limiting yourself by not being willing to relocate, I'm not saying that you're wrong but (here anyway) it tends to be 'protocol' for the girl to move to the boy (although it does sometimes work the other way around and sometimes the time is split equally between the two rinks). If it's really what you want to work towards then you may have to make some compromises.

All the best

x

Sk8Bunny
07-15-2004, 11:46 PM
Try listing yourself at www.icepartnersearch.com and the usfsa online partner search at www.usfsa.org (under athlete programs). Pairs skating is so much fun - I wish you the best of luck in finding a partner!

jp1andOnly
07-15-2004, 11:53 PM
Good luck but unless you are willing to drive a bit (not necessarily move away from home but commute an hour or two) I doubt you will find anyone in your area. If you don't have a pairs coach who is training pairs teams in you area, why would anyone want to come and train at your rink. If there is a coach I would talk to that coach and see what suggestion he/she has.

leafericson
07-16-2004, 05:51 AM
Cairtlyn, good luck to you! Helpful hints....Are you working on your upper body stregnth and off ice training? You will need a clean consistant double axle, consistant double lutz and triple toe to find a partner for the Junior level maybe even Novice Level. Fast spins and unbelievable upper body stregnth to beat out the girls at the top already looking for a partner.
You might want to go away even this summer to a pairs coach for summer training. Pair coaches like you to have their jump technique so the pair will look the same.
Usually if you train with a pairs coach they can even start you in a pairs off - ice class and team you up with an older partner(somebody elses partner) just to get the experience and to have someone to take lessons with, to learn the death spirals,the lifts and spins,etc.You usually pay that pair boy somehow to help in your training. His ice, for the lessons, etc. So then, if you go to a try-out you know what you are supposed to do when they ask to see a triple twist, or an overhead or platter, you can already do it! To find a partner now adays you have to know all the lifts and have had partner experience, be trained in all the lifts and have a pair test or two behind you or at leasthave the tests ready to go.. Being tiny is only the beginning. Good Luck to you if want it badly enough it will work if you work hard and learn all it takes to find that precious rare partner looking for a good girl!!