View Full Version : Wonder about spin?

singerskates
07-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Has anybody else ever done or tried or does do either a forward or back catch foot spin?

I've been playing with forward catch foot spins lately. I got the break through on the spin last Thursday. And shortly after that, I tried going from a 4 rev sitspin to a catch spin. I find the hardest part of the catch spin is getting your blade to stay in your fingers while wearing gloves because if you don't get a proper grip on your blade, it slips out of your hand. Make sure you stretch your hamstrings realy well before attempting these.

All this and I still have yet to get more than 2 revs on a backspin.

Why oh why can I do up to 9 revs on the left foot but only 2 on the right?

Brigitte

mikawendy
07-12-2004, 08:12 PM
singerskates--
How do you count your revs? When I'm spinning, sometimes I forget to try to count. When I'm going slow enough (e.g., in my wimpy backspin), I can count, but when I do forward spins, I can't figure out how to count my own revs. If the spin is travelly, then I can count from the tracings, but if it's more centered, I can't sort it out.

Usually when I'm curious I can have my coach count for me, but if I were doing a program and had a required number of revs, I wouldn't know how to make sure I'd done enough revs in the required position...

singerskates
07-14-2004, 11:58 AM
My tech coach has been counting the revs I've been doing in my spins. I've given up counting my spin revs for myself. I'm near dizzy from spinning. The only spins I know I can count are my backspins because I'm not getting two many revs on them say like between 1 and half and 2 revs. On my layback spin I'm still getting too dizzy to worry about counting the revs while I'm doing them. I generally count the layback revs after I'm done doing them when perform them out of my program.