View Full Version : Question for dancers

Mrs Redboots
07-04-2004, 10:45 AM
Now that Robert and I are working on free dances and artistic pairs programmes and stuff like that, we keep finding that we have a problem when stepping from waltz hold to Kilian hold - we are always on the "wrong" feet. In the Swing Dance, of course, this is a feature not a bug, but if you want to step off on the same feet, someone has to do a quick shuffle. My question is this: is it normally the woman or the man who shuffles? And how can it be done unnoticeably?

All ideas gratefully received!

plinko
07-04-2004, 02:25 PM
I just asked my son who dances, in all things relating to ice dance the first rule is that the Man is There to Make the Lady Look Good, so he figures the man gets to do the shuffle. As to how, he's still thinking about it, says there's a dance, when he remembers I will post.

TashaKat
07-04-2004, 03:08 PM
It's the man's responsibility because he's leading. What steps are you doing at the time Annabel? Why don't you do it with your coach and see how he deals with it?

Mrs Redboots
07-05-2004, 02:52 AM
It's the man's responsibility because he's leading. What steps are you doing at the time Annabel? Why don't you do it with your coach and see how he deals with it?I'm not too sure what steps we're doing at the time, to be honest! We haven't choreographed it yet!

In our last programme, the problem came in two places: first he did a 3-turn round me while I stepped to forwards, but then he stepped to forwards and the idea was we pushed off to do a Mohawk together. Then later on, we had been doing 3-turns round each other - not waltz 3s, but so that we were facing each other, backs to each other, facing each other again, and then ended up in Kilian hold, and were on the wrong feet.

Good, now that I know that he needs to deal with it, I can make sure he does.... (Ve haff vays....).:twisted: :halo:

dooobedooo
07-05-2004, 11:20 AM
In our last programme, the problem came in two places: first he did a 3-turn round me while I stepped to forwards, but then he stepped to forwards and the idea was we pushed off to do a Mohawk together.
While he is stepping backwards to forwards, you could do a chassee.
eg. him - LFO3, RBO, LFO ; you RBO, LFO to RFI chassee, LFO
Then you could do a RFI open mohawk together.

How does that sound?

Mrs Redboots
07-06-2004, 04:34 AM
While he is stepping backwards to forwards, you could do a chassee.
eg. him - LFO3, RBO, LFO ; you RBO, LFO to RFI chassee, LFO
Then you could do a RFI open mohawk together.

How does that sound?That's more-or-less what we did, in that programme. I don't know what we'll do in our new one, we haven't got that far yet!