View Full Version : canadian skater....jr.bronze freeskate program

Figuresk8_katie
07-04-2004, 12:03 AM
Hi

I'm working on my junior bronze freeskate. I've got my axle and double sal fairly consistant. I've landed my double toe a few times and I'm working towards a double flip and a double loop. What should I put in my program which will allow it to look full or elements which were well performed? I don't want it to seem repetitive. My spins are all good, my layback needs alot of work but my backspin's really good. What connecting moves do judges like? Do judges prefer circular footwork or a straightline sequence? Thanks for helping me out!

Katie.

pinkjellybean
07-04-2004, 12:45 AM
Ooops my post related to the SR. bronze not the JR.... my mistake

jp1andOnly
07-04-2004, 01:21 AM
To pass your junior bronze you technically don't need even an axel. A good attempt at it would be fine. I would put in the axel if you have it. A double sal would be good too but you do not need it. You need a flying spin and a couple of jump sequences. Look at the requirements for Part 1 of the test and make sure those elements are in your program. Laybacks are also not needed.

Hi

I'm working on my junior bronze freeskate. I've got my axle and double sal fairly consistant. I've landed my double toe a few times and I'm working towards a double flip and a double loop. What should I put in my program which will allow it to look full or elements which were well performed? I don't want it to seem repetitive. My spins are all good, my layback needs alot of work but my backspin's really good. What connecting moves do judges like? Do judges prefer circular footwork or a straightline sequence? Thanks for helping me out!

Katie.

trains
07-04-2004, 09:54 AM
To pass a Junior Bronze program, you only need four different single jumps and two spins (minimum pass). The double and double in combination, and the step sequence are on the Senior Bronze test.

plinko
07-04-2004, 02:34 PM
The flying spin has to be good with the right number of rotations and they don't start to count until you're solidly in the position. Rotations is last year's (and this year's) judges picky point. Spins are important again.

A Jr. Bronze test program is a totally different animal than a competition program. Everything has to be clean.

Figuresk8_katie
07-04-2004, 10:52 PM
thanks for all your replies! They're very helpful :D

I kinda did a poor job explaining myself before though. I've already passed my Junior Bronze freeskate test. Even my senior bronze part one. I was wondering more about what I should have in my program for competitions such as Summer Sizzle in August 6-8th...or at a Club or Interclub competition. My goal is usually to place in the top 3 or 4 skaters.

Considering that, which elements do you think would be good and which things do judges really look for? Also, which things are a major AWE-FACTOR for the judges?

Thanks again!

Katie.

plinko
07-05-2004, 09:38 AM
Ah!

There are girls with double lutz's in Jr. Bronze, but from watching everything last year, the difference between the top half and the bottom half was fast, clean, easy-looking jumps with confidence, and it doesn't take a double lutz to win. Look at the judges and smile like you're having the time of your life and make it look easy.

You need clean jumps at speed. More Speed. Last year I saw someone with just an axel (amazing, high, flow, fast) beat someone with three crappy slow doubles done from a standstill. You could almost hear the judges say "wow" when the skater hung in the air on the axel.

Figuresk8_katie
07-05-2004, 05:22 PM
great! thanks for your help. My coach gave me my new music today and we're going to start making a solo next week or wednesday. Thanks again! :D