View Full Version : Air Conditioned/Hot & Sweaty 27th-3rd June-July

dbny
07-02-2004, 07:48 PM
There don't seem to be enough contributors to keep a weekly thread going, but I'll start one now because I do have something to report. Hope someone else does too!

Hot & Sweaty:
The last Mommy & Me class until the fall met on Wednesday morning. I don't have any classes for the summer, but it's just as well, since I am going away for a few weeks in July and August. Maybe I'll be called on to sub.

Air Conditioned:
That last class was soooo much fun. Only three little ones showed up, and I decided to let them show off whatever they wanted after we all did some swizzles, slaloms, and pushing off backwards. One of them has some talent and is already much better than the others, even though she has only been in the class about 8 weeks, as opposed to all season. Her dad took my card and said they are going to try to schedule some private lessons with me this summer...hooray!

When I went into the office to thank the skating director for giving me the opportunity to co-teach that class and to tell her how much I enjoyed it, she suddenly said, in a panicky voice "You are going to be here next year, aren't you?" I assured her I would be, and left feeling very complimented.

When the outdoor rink opens in November, I am going to teach the adult beginners classes and have plans to offer lessons to the public school groups that regularly take outings to the rink during the week.

I have to say that I believe I have connected with something that I truly love to do, and feel I am so incredibly lucky to be able to do it, even in such limited form.

Elsy2
07-03-2004, 10:45 AM
That's just great. Glad you are enjoying it, and know that you are valued by your club too.

So cool that you have an outdoor rink in the winter. My daughter is a complete "hot house" skater. She's never skated outdoors!

twokidsskatemom
07-03-2004, 05:12 PM
well..........
My dd was in an exibition for the learn to skate kids .She did her old routine, they havent started a new one yet. We told her whatever music they pick this time, she will keep for awhile, just like the older kids do.
She did an edges classes this week, and even though she was the youngest did fine.There are two more classes she can take.

http://www.fsaf.org/classes2004/ice.htm

this is something she is doing as well, they said she can take breaks ect.They have an edges class, power stroking, ice dancing which she will skip, off ice, and freestyle.They also have a exibition at the end.
She will be the youngest one but everyone knows her and said she will be fine.She is excited and her coach wants her to take a few privates from Jill.
Its been a busy summer !!!

twokidsskatemom
07-03-2004, 05:17 PM
There don't seem to be enough contributors to keep a weekly thread going, but I'll start one now because I do have something to report. Hope someone else does too!

Hot & Sweaty:
The last Mommy & Me class until the fall met on Wednesday morning. I don't have any classes for the summer, but it's just as well, since I am going away for a few weeks in July and August. Maybe I'll be called on to sub.

Air Conditioned:
That last class was soooo much fun. Only three little ones showed up, and I decided to let them show off whatever they wanted after we all did some swizzles, slaloms, and pushing off backwards. One of them has some talent and is already much better than the others, even though she has only been in the class about 8 weeks, as opposed to all season. Her dad took my card and said they are going to try to schedule some private lessons with me this summer...hooray!

When I went into the office to thank the skating director for giving me the opportunity to co-teach that class and to tell her how much I enjoyed it, she suddenly said, in a panicky voice "You are going to be here next year, aren't you?" I assured her I would be, and left feeling very complimented.

When the outdoor rink opens in November, I am going to teach the adult beginners classes and have plans to offer lessons to the public school groups that regularly take outings to the rink during the week.

I have to say that I believe I have connected with something that I truly love to do, and feel I am so incredibly lucky to be able to do it, even in such limited form.
should make you feel good, that you can do something that you love !!!They want to come back is a good feeling too !!!
We have a outdoor rink too, but most of the time its wayyyyyyyyyyyyyy too cold.They did use it some in feb and march when it started to get warmer.Skating in 50 below is too much !!