View Full Version : A little Blast for the Past

Schmeck
06-28-2004, 01:58 PM
Was searching online for a professional (not rink-guy that grinds the blade to bits) skate sharpener and came across this:

http://www.itsnotpersonal.com/fsw/newskate.htm

It's an old FAQ set up by some past FSW skaters. Don't know if it would be a useful resource for any new skaters here, but I thought some 'oldies' like me might get a kick out of these old posts.

Schmeck

PS - anyone know of a good sharpener in the north shore MA/NH area? Daughter Icy needs her skates sharpened for testing on Thursday(with a lesson on Wednesday to get used to the sharp blades, of course) and we're out of luck with the usual guy, Jonathon, who is on vacation.

TashaKat
06-28-2004, 03:18 PM
Mmmmm ....... sits back with nostalgic sloppy grin on the face ...... those were the days :D

Crikey, some of those names are a blast from the past (I think that some of those threads are even pre me so that's a LONG time ago!)

Patsy
06-28-2004, 03:37 PM
*Patsy emerges from lurkdom to ask . . . .*

does anyone have a current e-mail address for Capt Canada?

Camabby! I'd forgotten.

Thanks--and back to lurkdom I go.

Stormy
06-28-2004, 04:51 PM
PS - anyone know of a good sharpener in the north shore MA/NH area? Daughter Icy needs her skates sharpened for testing on Thursday(with a lesson on Wednesday to get used to the sharp blades, of course) and we're out of luck with the usual guy, Jonathon, who is on vacation.

You don't go to Cooke's???!!! :) Seriously, try Cooke's in Wilmington. I don't let anyone but Scott touch my skates. I've heard great things about Jonathan, but Scott's the one I go to. You'll be able to get in quickly, too. Good luck to Icy on her test! :)

Schmeck
06-28-2004, 07:13 PM
Stormy - I didn't know how/where to find Cooke's - until my friend called me back this afternoon. Now we have an appt tomorrow morning to get the skates sharpened!

Cooke's is going to be a bit of a drive for us, (probably over 45 minutes) but it's nice to know it's a great place to get a superior sharpening - thanks for the info!

Schmeck

blue111moon
06-29-2004, 06:53 AM
Everyone has a favorite sharpener. I swear by Brian Beriau at Colonial but it's taken me a while to train him to my preferences. :)