View Full Version : Yet more competitions!

Mrs Redboots
06-27-2004, 02:58 PM
We have just had our second competition in three days! This was the National Team Challenge, an inter-Club competition in which points were scored for your team. Our involvement was with the "Veterans Dance Couples" - I wasn't skating, but Robert was skating competitively with his fifth different partner in three days! Up against totally impossible competition, this time, including Tashakat's friends and one of the best couples in the country. And a couple who beat us at the British Adults two years ago, who are actually great friends and fellow Mountain Cup types (and mountain-climbers!). But not great friends when they are skating against us!

So Robert and his partner finished last, although one judge had them ahead of our friends, which was most gratifying. I felt that Robert and his partner didn't skate just quite as well as they might, a bit slow. But they weren't at all bad, and I'm proud of my old man!

Most of the rest of the competition was children, including Batikat's daughter, who skated in her rink's show number (which one was she, Batikat, and where were you?). Our show number was slightly spoilt by two other rinks using the same music, but our skaters did very well, especially as many of them were first-timers.

But I swear, if I were a judge, I'd give anybody who skated to "All That Jazz" 0.5 for presentation, as I am heartily sick of it! There were some good interpretations of it today, but honestly, if there was one there were half a dozen.......

TashaKat
06-27-2004, 04:08 PM
We have just had our second competition in three days! This was the National Team Challenge, an inter-Club competition in which points were scored for your team.

But I swear, if I were a judge, I'd give anybody who skated to "All That Jazz" 0.5 for presentation, as I am heartily sick of it! There were some good interpretations of it today, but honestly, if there was one there were half a dozen.......

I really enjoyed the Team Challenge that we did (we did the 2's, 3's and 4's .... or whatever it was called!). It was a great atmosphere and I really enjoyed the 'show' numbers at the end :D

ITA with regards to All That Jazz ..... I LOVE that number but DO NOT want to see 2 out of every 3 skaters doing their programmes to it :evil: Same goes for any Carmen interpretation :twisted: