View Full Version : Q. re: change of home club

CanAmSk8ter
06-24-2004, 04:03 PM
I know changing clubs in the middle of the membership year requires a signature from the old club, releasing you to the new club. But do you still have to get that signature if you change clubs at the same time you renew your membership for the new year? The only change of club form I could find on the USFS website says it's not necessary if you change at the same time you change membership, but I would have sworn it was.

Stormy
06-24-2004, 06:56 PM
Nope, not if you are changing for a new membership year. I'm switching clubs, too, and I don't have to get anything signed. I believe you're right, that you used to have to get a signature no matter when you switched, but not anymore. :)

CanAmSk8ter
06-25-2004, 07:02 PM
Awesome! One less thing to do tomorrow. Thanks.

Skatewind
06-29-2004, 12:38 PM
The signature is no longer required when switching clubs at the end of the skating year because now USFSA has a window built in during that time for clubs to report any skaters not in good standing directly to the USFSA before the new membership season begins. If someone has been reported not in good standing to the USFSA, their membership renewal will not go through. It's so much easier that way, considering there are very few members who are not in good standing compared to the number who switch clubs.

CanAmSk8ter
06-29-2004, 07:36 PM
Gotcha. That does make more sense.