View Full Version : Anyone attend June Week in LP?

dbuckley
06-21-2004, 02:21 PM
I am going to the August week. I read on the LP website that there was going to be some new things happening and I am interested to see how well things went in June.

Careygram
06-21-2004, 03:48 PM
Hi everyone,

My partner and I returned from the adult week in LP just yesterday. We had a great time. Some of the highlights of this week included:

Tons of ice time, including a pairs/open lesson session every day

Mid week party, Las Vegas night, which included desserts, drinks and black jack and roulette

Moves in the field group classes, plus lots of other group activities

Saturday night adult exhibition (I felt it was even better than usual)

Some things that we think could be better:

No matter how many dance sessions they have going on, dancers still crash freestyle ice and their patterns are disruptive. If freestylers tried to do freestyle on dance session, we'd be drawn and quartered

They could have some short adult pairs freestyle sessions early in the morning to accomodate pairs practice in addition to the one pairs ice for kids and adults alike (which also had people doing moves, dance and freestyle)

They could have some classes for people doing doubles wanting to learn triples (not that many but one or two would be nice)

Overall my partner got plenty of practice time and lessons. We cleaned up our split twist lift, axel lift, death spiral, pairs camel and throw double salchow. We worked on some pairs synchronization exercises and also beautified our other lifts and spins. There are experts in every discipline there and they even have an adult synchro team going on. There is a second hand shop for skating apparel and there is something to keep you busy every second of the day. I feel like a truck hit me today and I'm yawning non-stop but I'm still smiling.

Hope this helps you make a decision and maybe I'll see you in August.

Debbie

Figureskates
06-22-2004, 04:46 AM
Hey Diane.

Looking forward to seeing you in August. Going back for my fifth year....you would think I would have learned by now.