View Full Version : Mountain Cup Campers - Help?

blue111moon
06-18-2004, 10:55 AM
Due to life hassles, yesterday was my first time back on the ice since the end of the Mountain Cup competition. To my dismay, I found I'd forgotten much of the stuff we learned in the cvamp. My notes weren't much help, either. I guess age is taking it's toll on my brain cells. <sigh>

So if you can remember again any of the tips, excerizes, drills or preps that were done in the on-ice lessons, I'd appreciate it if you could post them here to jog my memory. I was in the Silver group for a (very)short time but spent most of my time in the Bronze FS group and I know there were all kinds of helpful drills we did, especially with Lionel and Manuela. I'd like to share them with my coach if I could remember them!

Please help this old dog learn some new tricks. :)

Thank you

Mrs Redboots
06-19-2004, 05:51 AM
Unfortunately Robert and I weren't in the same group as you, as we were in the dance group. I know the Silver FS did the UK BI edges exercise from our Field Moves, because only the British skater in that group could do them, which surprised me. We did awful things with Mohawks, which weren't difficult to do, but were horribly difficult (I found) to connect to each other. As far as I recall, most of our exercises were to do with connecting moves, and my shoulders simply aren't flexible enough to do them well, so my coach is making me work on things like our basic Mohawk exercise (RFI/LBI Mohawk, cross to RBO, step to LFI/RBI mohawk, cross to LBO and repeat) and waltz 3s and inside chassés to work on flexibility. And when I see our (unofficial) warm-up/stretch teacher, I'm going to ask her for some shoulder exercises.