View Full Version : Going to the Lake

Careygram
06-11-2004, 03:45 PM
Well, next week is the first Adult Skating Week in Lake Placid. My partner and I are going as well as many of our good friends. Is anyone else making the trip? They're doing lots of new things this year and they're having a group get together one evening. Looking forward to seeing everyone and to having a great time training. Partner and I have an interesting exhibition number up our sleeves too and we know that at least if we crack no one else up we'll be laughing!

See you there,
Deb

slusher
06-11-2004, 05:24 PM
Is it too late to sign up for August? I've been talking about this with my coach, given a choice between the limited skating during the summer in my area (practically none) and the Lake Placid camp (I have friends in the area) I like the idea. Coach says it would be fun, as a vacation and warm up for the fall season, our ice is back in Sept.

I have a question though, since I'm a Canadian and follow the Canadian testing structure, can anyone explain how MITF correspond to preliminary or jr bronze Skills? I'm a higher dance level than the ones I saw listed in the group classes so wouldn't take those but would probably take a jump or a spin class daily along with a MITF if I knew what it was!!.

Figureskates
06-11-2004, 05:25 PM
Have fun Deb.

I am in the August contingent...my fifth year!!