View Full Version : Need song suggestions!

AshBugg44
06-10-2004, 12:45 PM
I want to do a light entertainment, and I want it to be something that I could totally have fun with, but I need song ideas! Anyone got any? I need them ASAP because my choreographer is coming next week to work with us while my coach is on maternity leave...

Sk8Bunny
06-10-2004, 02:08 PM
Some ideas off the top of my mind:

"American Pie" either the Madonna version or the older version(cant remember the name of the singer...)

"Say a Little Prayer" - Aretha Franklin

"Walking in Memphis" - Marc Cohn (one of my personal favs!)

"Wide Open Spaces"- Dixie Chicks

"Iris" -Goo Goo Dolls

"I go blind" - Hootie and the Blowfish

The soundtrack from the movie Center Stage has a lot of fun, light, upbeat songs on it that may also work for a skating program!

Try doing 'google' searches on your fav artists and that might help you find song lists to choose from. My only advice is that you find something that is both pleasing to you and also to the judges. Unfortunately, artistic programs allow judges much more personal opinion/bias when being scored, so choose a song they wont hate hearing!(like brittney spears hehe). Judges arent *supposed* to judge on the song, but I've overheard enough convos at compeittions to know that they do. In fact, I was a runner for a competition and in the same room with some judges at one point and this judge was saying "I loved the song the other skater skated too, so I put her first". I saw the event she judged for, the girl who got second clearly should have out-won the 1st place finisher. Back to my point lol, just be sensible with what song you skate too. Good Luck!!