View Full Version : news re. adult dancers going back.....

backspin
06-07-2004, 06:46 PM
Got an email reply from USFSA today--they say that since I passed my pre-silvers when there was a difference between standard & adult, I will now have to go back to pre-silver, not silver, to pick up the standard track. SO MAD!!

They also said the new rule (adults have a lower passing standard) goes into effect July 1.

I've sent them a note back to ask, if I had decided to go back to standard last year, wouldn't I have started at silver? So what's the difference now? ALSO I asked if I pass at least 1 standard silver before July 1, if I will then be exempt from going back to pre-silvers. I'm scheduled to test 2 silvers on June 22, so it's possible I'll get through a little loop hole here--I'm crossing my fingers that they'll agree!!

I'll keep you posted.

icedancer2
06-07-2004, 08:08 PM
Wow -- I hope you can get through without having to start over with your pre-silvers!!

When you took your pre-silvers, were solos still required on the Standard Track? If there were no solos, what was the difference between the Standard and Solo track, as the scoring was just the same???!!!

I am one mad Adult (with a capital A) over this lowering of standards issue!!

backspin
06-07-2004, 09:02 PM
Yes, solos were required at pre-silver when I took mine. But they're not now, so I don't get their logic! I'd have to take the test being judged the exact same way that I took it the first time--so what's the difference???

icedancer2
06-07-2004, 11:44 PM
You are right, but you were taking it as an "Adult" and not doing a solo, so although the passing score was the same they looked at you differently.

I agree that it does not make any logical sense and I'm sorry you have to go back and take it again, wihtout solo, in order to start on the Standard track. You're lucky, actually -- I have taken my tests Adult starting with Pre-Silver and am now in the middle of Pre-Gold and there is no way that I want to go back and re-test Standard again!

Arrgghh.

I am pretty certain that they will not allow you to take any Standard Silvers if you have taken your pre-Silvers "Adult", although as you say, it makes no logical sense.

But, this is not the first time the USFSA has done something completely illogical and most likely will not be the last.

Good luck on your tests.