View Full Version : I found it!!

dani
07-25-2002, 05:27 AM
I found my flip! Last night, it just started happening! I had all kinds of time when I would pick off and would just land it. I had landed one the first night I tried it (last April) and I hadn't landed one since! I landed five in a row and then two more!

Can you tell I am excited? I now have landed a loop and flip! Bronze here I come! (Wait, there is still the issue of the back spin ;-)

Happy Hugs!!
Danielle

Schmeck
07-25-2002, 07:20 AM
Danielle, congratulations! That's awesome, when everything clicks into place, isn't it? Had the same feeling with my beginner scratch spin, which I was stuck on for a whole year - tweaked my foot by pressing the toes down, and now I can do one at will :D

Schmeck, dreading (sort of, anyways :wink: ) learning the 'big girl jumps' this year - you know, the full rotation ones like loop, etc. 8O

garyc254
07-25-2002, 09:35 AM
YOU GO GIRL!!!!!!! :D :D :D

When it's right, it's right and you know it.

Isn't it marvelous when everything suddenly comes together and miracles happen!!!

Congrats!!!!

Gary

dani
07-25-2002, 10:42 AM
[quote:3848f3aa06="Schmeck"]Schmeck, dreading (sort of, anyways :wink: ) learning the 'big girl jumps' this year - you know, the full rotation ones like loop, etc. 8O[/quote:3848f3aa06]

The one thing I should have really learned out of this was to just "go for it" and take my lumps (literally). I didn't do that and have hardly fallen on the flip or loop. I am not sure I have fallen more than once or twice on any of my singles and never on a half.

What I did learn was to try other things. My flip was getting me nowhere, so I tried my loop. (actually, the half loop, first). The loop feels so natural to me because I am completely straight up and down and stay very centered. The flip has too many ways for me to get all twisted up and not over my right side. So I think that learning my loop was not only possible before my flip but also enabled me to land my flip. Does that make sense?

Don't worry too much about the next couple of jumps, as they can be done as basic waltz jumps. Just don't stay in the habit of that!

The really funny thing is that I am thinking of the lutz and axel as the "Big Girl Jumps"! ;-) Thanks for the encouragement and congrats on your spin! I am sure you will be jumping with the biggest of us in no time!

Hugs!!!
Danielle