View Full Version : Peach Classic 2004

jenlyon60
06-02-2004, 08:37 AM
Anyone know when the announcement will be available?

Am trying to plan my summer skating goals, but want to see the Peach announcement before finalizing for discussion with coach.

mskater
06-02-2004, 09:11 AM
Sorry, don't know when the announcement will be up but I just checked and the dates for this year's competition are Sept 4-5...

gingerice
06-04-2004, 09:49 PM
Information on the 2004 Peach Classic should be up on the Georgia FSC website in the next week or so at www.gafsc.com. I am in charge of competitor questions. Email me at gingerwhat@aol.com with questions. I hope to see everyone there.

Mrs Redboots
06-05-2004, 04:57 AM
And I wish I could come, but, sadly, funds are just too limited right now.... one of these years, though, I promise. And one of these years to San Francisco (are you listening, Jazzpants?), since it is advertised as being open to all Mountain Cup competitors!

Stormy
06-10-2004, 09:36 AM
http://www.gafsc.org/peachclassic/2004/classicannounce.pdf

Roll call....who's going, what levels? I will definitely be there. I'll probably go for broke (literally) and do Free, MITF, Jumps, Spins and Compulsory Moves. :)

mskater
06-10-2004, 10:27 AM
I'll be there Stormy! Probably will just do the obligatory freestyle event, unless I've learned some dances by then...

skaternum
06-10-2004, 10:30 AM
I'll be doing Adult Pairs and Interp only. No singles freeskating for me this year!

LoopLoop
06-10-2004, 10:45 AM
I'll be doing Adult Pairs and Interp only.

I'll be doing those two, and maybe MIF.

skatingatty
06-10-2004, 01:31 PM
I'll be there too! Most likely, I'll do the Silver ladies I free skate and something else. Look forward to seeing everyone!

NoVa Sk8r
06-10-2004, 02:09 PM
I'll be doing those two, and maybe MIF.

I guess I have to go, too, then? :)

LoopLoop
06-10-2004, 02:16 PM
I guess I have to go, too, then? :)

Unless I find a new partner in the next couple of months. ;)

NoVa Sk8r
06-10-2004, 02:22 PM
Unless I find a new partner in the next couple of months. ;)

)))crosses fingers(((

:P

Beccapoo2003
06-10-2004, 09:34 PM
Duh! That's a no brainer! ;) Fun...pranks....friends both old and new...great support for all ...Peach is a given...a MUST for all Adult Skaters every year! :D I can't wait!!!!!
Becca

sk8er1964
06-11-2004, 11:01 AM
Well, I had hoped to do the Peach - but now that I know Mids are in Colorado, the Peach is no longer an option. I'll need my frequent flier miles for Mids. :cry: Maybe in 2005.....

jazzpants
06-11-2004, 03:32 PM
And I wish I could come, but, sadly, funds are just too limited right now.... one of these years, though, I promise. And one of these years to San Francisco (are you listening, Jazzpants?), since it is advertised as being open to all Mountain Cup competitors! [Ear perking up...] We would LOVE for you to come visit Skate SF. You could meet up with our mutual skater friends too. ;)

I would love to come, but my finances are very tight right now. But my primary coach is likely to be there again this year. And I'm sure the "underwear phantom" as well too! (Heh heh heh...) :twisted:

skaternum
06-14-2004, 08:33 AM
I just noticed that the Peach Classic application is up. 2004 Peach Announcement (http://www.gafsc.org/peachclassic/2004/classicannounce.pdf)

Here's something weird. They're not using the new divisions for Adult Pairs that were just passed at GC. This is actually fine with me, since we don't have the 30-second-longer version of our program anywhere near ready. Besides, there probably wouldn't have been any other Gold level pairs. All our friends are at Silver. <sniff> It would have been lonely at Gold.

So, looploop and NoVaSk8r, looks like we'll be going head to head in the Battle of the Pairs. :P

NoVa Sk8r
06-14-2004, 08:44 AM
So, looploop and NoVaSk8r, looks like we'll be going head to head in the Battle of the Pairs. :P
Bring it on!

Actually, Loops and I (well at least I am) are more like bronze pairs. With you and David as gold, we'll average out as silver!

phillyskater
06-15-2004, 01:51 PM
I'll be making my third trip to the Peach this year (I too would recommend it for anyone who can swing it -- definitely worth the trip!!) I hope to meet some of you there in person who I've enjoyed chatting with so much here.

12 weeks and counting...

philly

LoopLoop
06-15-2004, 01:55 PM
Bring it on!

Actually, Loops and I (well at least I am) are more like bronze pairs. With you and David as gold, we'll average out as silver!

I say we define ourselves as a pre-silver pair!

skaternum
06-15-2004, 02:24 PM

That's a great twist. (Notice how I cleverly worked in the name of a pairs move???) And although David and I are technically Gold, thanks to his juvenile freeskating test from 20 years ago, we're really not that advanced either. So we could be pre-gold. :)

NoVa Sk8r
06-15-2004, 02:50 PM
Agreed! (Though the pre-[insert appropriate metal] appellation sounds like dance--not that there's anything wrong with that!)

flo
06-16-2004, 12:39 PM
Maybe I'll meet someone in the lobby at Peach and do pairs! Due to job complications my potential partner will likely not be moving here - while at a distance we were gointg to try running through the programs with our respective pairs coaches, and getting together once a month or so, but his coach left, and it would too difficult because of the differences in our levels. Back to building one in the lab.

NoVa Sk8r
07-11-2004, 06:03 PM
OK, kiddies, only 10 days till the application is due! Here's hoping for a bevy of adult pairs teams.

Does anyone (Ginger, where are you?!) know about the testing opportunities available at this comp? I'd like to take (um, retake) my silver moves.

Stormy
07-11-2004, 06:18 PM
Ooooh, good question. Maybe I could take my Gold Moves and Silver free then.

Figureskates
07-12-2004, 05:44 AM
My goodness, I see that even have Pre-Bronze events!!

Since my company is the sister company to the Weather Channel, maybe time for another trip to Atlanta!! My boss is too smart for that however. He made sure that I didn't go to Atlanta during Nationals 'cause he knew where I would be....He is no figure skating fan!

LoopLoop
07-12-2004, 09:21 AM
This will be my first time going to the Peach, and I'm wondering which hotel I should choose. Any opinions or experiences would be helpful.

Thanks!

skaternum
07-12-2004, 12:09 PM
This will be my first time going to the Peach, and I'm wondering which hotel I should choose. Any opinions or experiences would be helpful.

Because it's newer, La Quinta is probably a little nicer, but we always stay at Camden Suites. It's slightly cheaper than La Quinta, but it's comfortable and clean and part of our tradition. There's not much lobby to speak of, but there is popcorn there every afternoon! :P We don't spend much time there, anyway.

Terri C
07-12-2004, 06:03 PM
I'll have to pass on the Peach AGAIN this year, as I just started working on a new program. I hope to see quite a few of you in Philidelphia at the Halloween Classic!

gingerice
07-12-2004, 07:27 PM
Hey NovaStar.

We do have testing opportunites available at the Peach Classic. We can do dance, moves and freestyle. Go to the Georgia FSC website at www.gafsc.com and click on testing. Complete a test application and mail it to me. I have already had a few requests.
Email me at gingerwhat@aol.com with questions.

I'm hoping that I'll be ready to test also.

Ginger

Terri C
07-12-2004, 07:55 PM
Hey NovaStar.

Nova Star???
Getting pretty popular,there NoVa! :lol:

NoVa Sk8r
07-12-2004, 09:22 PM
Haha. It's better than what Loops calls me. :)

Ginger probably confused my screen name (NoVa = NOrthern VirginiA) with the exploding star, a supernova. I've been called worse.

-Stephen

Nova Star???
Getting pretty popular,there NoVa! :lol:

NoVa Sk8r
07-20-2004, 08:54 AM
Application is due tomorrow. Don't procrastinate!

mskater
07-20-2004, 09:21 AM
Yep, deadline is tomorrow and I haven't yet sent my application in; I love living on the edge;]

Stormy
07-20-2004, 09:53 AM
Ha, same for me! I'll be rushing to the Post Office at the last second tomorrow! :)

NoVa Sk8r
07-22-2004, 09:05 AM
All right, 'fess up. ... How many of y'all missed the deadline?!