View Full Version : I Passed!!!!

PattyP
05-21-2004, 06:51 PM
Second times a charm...I passed my Adult Gold FS test today!!!

I was so nervous until I stepped on to the ice for warm up and then I knew that I was going to skate well. I landed a really nice axel right in front of the judges in the warm up and then turn to them and said "can I have that one?" They all laughed.

I skated a near perfect program...except a very slight touch down of my left foot on the axel :roll: , everything else was good. I was expecting to be asked to reskate the axel and they told me to leave the ice. I thought, oh no, not again. But they gave it to me!! They must have known it was my birthday and gave me that gift! All three judges passed me and I had marks above the passing average! :D

I am so glad that is over with, I hate testing! Now I get new music and a new program and will be getting my butt kicked at the Gold level! Oh well, it's going to be fun! I can't wait!

PattyP

ps Can't call me a sandbagger any more!!!! :D

Sk8Bunny
05-21-2004, 08:00 PM
CONGRATS!! :bow: Way to go! :D

dbny
05-21-2004, 10:39 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!

I doubt they "gave" it to you. Either they didn't notice the touch down on the axel, or they considered the one they saw in warm up to be the re-skate, or the touch down was not enough to fail you when points for the other elements were considered.

alexeiluvr
05-21-2004, 10:40 PM
Way 2 go!!

SDFanatic
05-21-2004, 10:50 PM
WHOOOOT!!!!

Steven

P.S. Yes, it is kind of hard to sandbag at Gold level isn't it? LOL

Aussie Willy
05-22-2004, 01:50 AM
Well done and congratulations.

I must say though the idea of testing on a birthday is not my idea of fun. I tell my driving students never to go for their test on their birthday in case they don't get through. But you did well and obviously received a great birthday present. It is a nice feeling to pass but even nicer to do well.

jazzpants
05-22-2004, 02:51 AM
CONGRATULATIONS!!! YOU GOOOOO, PATTYP!!!

:bow: :bow::bow::bow:

And I think you'll do just fine as an Adult Gold lady! (And belated Happy Birthday too!) ;)

C'mon, ask8ngcat!!! Time for you to pass your Adult Gold tests too!!! :P ;) :lol: (I can see Mistress Coach use the whip on 'ya as we speak...) :twisted: :lol:

NickiT
05-22-2004, 03:10 AM
Wow!!! That's great! Congratulations!! I bet you were thrilled to land a brilliant axel right under the judges' noses. Even if it was in warm-up I bet that gave you a huge confidence boost!

Nicki

Figureskates
05-22-2004, 07:53 AM
Awesome, Patty, awesome.

Couldn't happen to a nicer person.

sk8er1964
05-22-2004, 10:26 AM
Way to go, Patty!!! Welcome to Gold-land :D

(PS - the same thing happened to me on my gold test - slight touch down on the axel and no re-skate. I thought I had failed, but passed by all judges.)

icenut84
05-22-2004, 10:47 AM
Congratulations, and celebrations :mrgreen:

garyc254
05-22-2004, 11:40 AM
Passing gold on your birthday. What a terrific present to yourself.

Congratulations and Happy Birthday!!!! :D :D :D

Debbie S
05-22-2004, 02:02 PM
Congratulations, Patty!

It's a relief to have testing over with, isn't it? I just passed my Pre-Bronze tests, and I'm so worn out from that experience that I think it'll be at least a year before I put out another test. And I'm looking forward to getting my butt kicked at the Bronze level. :)

Michigansk8er
05-22-2004, 04:14 PM
Congrats!!!!! That is terrific!!!!!!!

skateflo
05-22-2004, 04:23 PM
What an accomplishment!! You are an inspiration! And a very Happy Birthday to you! You gave yourself the best gift possible!

Cinderella
05-23-2004, 10:06 AM
Woo Hoo, Patty! Way to go, girl! And Happy Birthday on top of all that.

So tell us, what (age) level will you be skating at? The birthday didn't move you into the next one up, did it?

Looking forward to seeing you in the gold!

Careygram
05-23-2004, 12:27 PM
Congratulations Patty. It's Debbie Carey, I introduced myself at nationals. I'm thrilled for you. And I'm sorry if anyone ever called you a sandbagger. They're usually people who want your medal or people whom you've placed ahead of that can't face the fact that you were simply better at the skills which you presented. You are a wonderful skater and I think you need to just go with what you feel and not worry about the sand bagger comments. Good luck in Gold!

Debbie

LoopLoop
05-24-2004, 07:39 AM
Congratulations, Patty! :bow:

flo
05-24-2004, 09:38 AM
Great! Congrats all around :)

1lutz2klutz
05-24-2004, 02:44 PM
What a great birthday present to yourself! Congratulations!

PattyP
05-24-2004, 06:25 PM
Congratulations Patty. It's Debbie Carey, I introduced myself at nationals. I'm thrilled for you. And I'm sorry if anyone ever called you a sandbagger. They're usually people who want your medal or people whom you've placed ahead of that can't face the fact that you were simply better at the skills which you presented. You are a wonderful skater and I think you need to just go with what you feel and not worry about the sand bagger comments. Good luck in Gold!

Debbie

Hi Debbie,
It was good to meet you at AN, I remember meeting you but could not remember your name on this board. Now I know it. Thanks!

Most of the sandbagging comments were in good fun from skaters that I've known for a while, so I took them as complements or just teasing. I thought it was funny as I never thought I would ever hear that about myself!

I really am looking forward to my first competition at this level....I just need to start landing that stupid d. sal!

PattyP
05-24-2004, 06:26 PM
Thanks Everyone!!!! :D

PattyP

PattyP
05-24-2004, 06:35 PM
So tell us, what (age) level will you be skating at? The birthday didn't move you into the next one up, did it?

Looking forward to seeing you in the gold!

Just turned 41, so I will be class II for a few more years.

PattyP

Mrs Redboots
05-31-2004, 04:07 PM
Just back from Mountain Cup tonight (brief report to follow; longer report tomorrow or some time when I'm not so tired), and wish to add my congratulations. Some of the Gold skaters there were awesome, and I'm sure you are, too!

ask8ingcat
06-13-2004, 10:55 AM
Hey Patty:
Congratulations!!! What an awesome acheivement and I am so envious. I'm still trying to work on my moves but they are nowhere close to being passable. Maybe this year and then I'm relearning the axel. Yuck... it's like learning it all over again and they won't let me do them the old way anymore. But anyways...I am so happy for you!
Cathy

skatingatty
06-13-2004, 03:05 PM
Yay, PattiP!! Congratulations!! :)

sk8er1964
06-13-2004, 04:26 PM
Maybe this year and then I'm relearning the axel. Yuck... it's like learning it all over again and they won't let me do them the old way anymore. But anyways...I am so happy for you!
Cathy

Hang in there on that axel. I'm still 50-50 with mine - half of the time I do it the old way (by that, I'm assuming you mean with the feet together), and the other half it's the new way (with crossed feet). It does make the rotation a lot easier, but it is soooo hard to change the muscle memory. I'm having a huge fight with that on the 2sal right now.