View Full Version : Skating time in Kingston Ontario?

KatieC
09-07-2005, 06:34 PM
Hi, it's been awhile since I've been here as I've just moved to a different city for a job and it took a long time to get back online. I guess I've been spoiled in southern Ontario, because I could skate almost daily the year round for $45. at many different rinks. Here in Kingston, I've been trying to find something comparable, and so far have only discovered there is no public skating of any type until mid October. At home we had adult skate, but I haven't found anything like that here.

Does anyone here skate in Kingston? Can you recommend a rink, or a program? I wouldn't mind signing up for some lessons if it got me some ice time. Of course, my job won't allow daytime skating, which is crummy, but evenings are free at the moment. I've got a copy of the local recreation guide, but the lessons mentioned are either too simple or far too advanced.

Any help would be appreciated, very much.

Perry
09-07-2005, 07:26 PM
I have no idea, but there must be something. I'm looking at Queen's for college (that's in Kingston, isn't it?), and I saw an article that said their skating team had ice five times a week, so they must have it somewhere, right?

jp1andOnly
09-07-2005, 09:05 PM
there is public ice during the day for Queen's students. The Kingston skating club offers programs, and have a fairly successful adult skating program. They even have an adult synchro team. It's easy to get to the Kingston skating club arenas via transit. Skating with WEst Kingston is a bit more challenging, esepcailly on transit. They also have ice time.

Raye
09-08-2005, 11:12 AM
Hi Katie C: Check your PM's, I have a friend in Kingston that you can call.

KatieC
09-09-2005, 09:29 PM
Thanks so much for the tips - and yes, I'll take all your advice. Everything is a bit frustrating at the moment - new job, new home, long distance to all my friends, etc. Skating will get me balanced again :)