View Full Version : Mountain Cup, anyone??

blue111moon
05-14-2004, 10:12 AM
I'm leaving for France's Mountain Cup and camp next week. Is anyone else from here going?

johnfisher
05-14-2004, 11:53 AM
I am. I'm skating in young adult men's masters freeskate and masters interp.

I found out yesterday that my freeskate class has been combined with masters 1, and I know who that masters 1 skater is, and that he is rather good! Since I have been off the ice for 10 days at an overseas conference, I have some work to do to get my fitness and my jumps back into shape in the next two weeks :??

John

johnfisher
05-14-2004, 11:54 AM
Oops forgot to say that I'm not doing the camp :oops: I get there on Wednesday and I skate on Saturday and Sunday.

John

blue111moon
05-14-2004, 02:04 PM
Thank you for your response. I'm doing Silver Figures and Silver Ladies III FS on Friday and Interpretive III on Saturday. Since my rink closed last week, I was lucky to get one day a week for practise so I'm not expecting much from myself. But then, the skating is only my excuse to get me to vacation in the Alps anyway. :)

Good luck.

sk8er1964
05-14-2004, 05:35 PM
I'll be there in thoughts only -- I so wish I could come over for that. Once my son gets old enough that I don't have to support his hockey habit (only 8 more years) I'll be there :?? .

Anyway, have a blast! I do have a story about the Mountain Cup Fund - I tell my friend at AN (the mastermind behind the Mountain Cup Fund - I think), who has a habit of throwing beenies he receives back into the audience, not to throw the rubber ducky. Well, he's so geeked after his skate (rightly so - he landed his axel 8-) ) that he throws the rubber ducky right back into the audience. The rubber ducky with my first Mountain Cup donation taped to its underside. Fortunately, the nice person in the stands who caught it, when I yelled up at her to, threw it back on the ice. Last time I tape $$ to a rubber ducky to throw to him! :lol:

Mrs Redboots
05-15-2004, 04:55 AM
I'll be there! This time next week we'll be in France - we've booked an 8.00 am Shuttle, so it will be a horrendously early start, but worth it. Goodness, but I can hardly wait!

Robert and I are competing in pre-bronze Dance on the Friday evening and Saturday morning, and then I'm doing Ladies Interpretive III on the Saturday evening. Uh, hullo, BlueIIImoon....:mrgreen:, methinks I've found a competitor! Actually, it must be a very large group, don't you think, with 2 warm-ups. Something tells me I'm not going to win this year... oh well, I'll have fun trying, whatever!

Are you doing the camp? Do make yourself known to me....

Beccapoo2003
05-15-2004, 07:32 AM
Hi Annabel,
I'll be there, and at the camp too, along with my cutypie husband. We're also going to Estonia. This will be a blast with so many coming!
Becca

Mrs Redboots
05-15-2004, 12:47 PM
Anyway, have a blast! I do have a story about the Mountain Cup Fund - I tell my friend at AN (the mastermind behind the Mountain Cup Fund - I think), who has a habit of throwing beenies he receives back into the audience, not to throw the rubber ducky. Well, he's so geeked after his skate (rightly so - he landed his axel 8-) ) that he throws the rubber ducky right back into the audience. The rubber ducky with my first Mountain Cup donation taped to its underside. Fortunately, the nice person in the stands who caught it, when I yelled up at her to, threw it back on the ice. Last time I tape $$ to a rubber ducky to throw to him! :lol:I missed that story first time around - all I can say is Oh How Typical! I shall tease him about that.....

Yeah, Becca - see you there. You and your man up for a walk in the mountains with my man? I'm not, and I do prefer him to go with someone, but walking isn't my thing.

TashaKat
05-15-2004, 04:05 PM
http://www.japanb2bmarketplace.com/p1neko/s_neko_bk.jpg

Good luck to everyone and have a great time :D

Lx

Mrs Redboots
05-16-2004, 07:43 AM
Thanks, Tashakat. By the way, BlueIIIMoon, it looks as though I shall be doing the announcing for your event, as I've got a 2-hour announcing shift on Friday afternoon!

CanAmSk8ter
05-16-2004, 12:02 PM
Sigh... one of these days. I've never actually been to Europe and I would give my right arm to go to France. Unfortunately right arms aren't considered an acceptable form of payment, money is, and since I'm a bit short on that right now, it'll have to wait. I'm competing in Washington DC next month so that'll be exciting enough for this year.