View Full Version : Adult Skating Retreat - SLC

icedancer2
05-12-2004, 02:23 PM
I just ran across this announcement -- has anyone been to this retreat in Salt Lake City?

http://www.sportscomplex.slco.org/Flyers/Adult%202004%20Brochure.pdf

It sounds like fun.

I skated at this arena one time this winter on a public session and the ice was fantastic!! -- plus it's a really nice facility.

Also easy to get to from the West Coast!!

Careygram
05-13-2004, 06:42 PM
I haven't been to the retreat but I skated at the arena when I was in SLC for business last September. It's a super nice rink, pretty new, great facilities for working out and off ice training and SLC is really really gorgeous. I wanted to stay longer and explore some more. Maybe I'll go next year and skip one week in Lake Placid to try it. It's probably a lot of fun and it's a nice place for other things to do.

A.H.Black
05-13-2004, 09:42 PM
I live in Salt Lake City. The information looks pretty accurate and it looks like a good clinic. Stephanie Grosscup is an excellent choreographer and there are a lot of skaters in the Salt Lake area who have lovely presentation skills thanks to Stephanies influence. Josef Sabovcic and Stewart Sturgeon are experienced coaches that are currently coaching some excellent high level competitors.

The information is accurate in that July 25-31 is probably the hottest week of the year in Salt Lake. Temperatures could easily be over 100 degrees in daytime and as high as 80 degrees at night. The rink will be a refreshing place to be. The accomodations look good. I think some of the University housing was the same housing used for the Olympics. There is some good hiking quite close and a lot of other outdoor activities available.

Please know that the day before the seminar - the 24th - is a state holiday - Pioneer Day - which is as important around here as the 4th of July.

twokidsskatemom
05-14-2004, 05:43 PM
a coach from here is now there, heard good things about the program.She coaches there and is part of that class.