View Full Version : Wendesign Dresses in Toronto

Spreadeagle
05-04-2004, 02:14 PM
I'm looking into ordering a custom dress for my new freestyle program, and I found this dressmaker through SkateWeb, called Wendesign Fashions . They are located in Acton, Ontario, Canada which is a suburb of Toronto I believe. The woman I am in contact with has been very helpful, but since Toronto is a long way from home for me I have never heard of the dressmaker before and don't really know too much about them. I'm wondering if there is anyone here who knows any thing about them, whether you have used them or just know about them and could give a recommendation?

Thanks in advance!

skatingatty
05-04-2004, 03:01 PM
Yes, I have heard of Wendesigns. She sells a lot of her new dresses on Ebay. I haven't bought one, but they always look nice, stylish, and well-made. I think she has excellent feedback ratings. Just search on ebay for "skating dress" and some of her dresses will probably show up.

jenlyon60
05-04-2004, 04:36 PM
I have a friend who just ordered (and received) one of their custom dance dresses and both mother and daughter are very pleased with the dress... style, construction, and price.

angelskates
05-04-2004, 06:14 PM
I had one of their dresses custom made, I explained the design/fabric/colours I wanted in email to Calinda, she sent me samples and then made it and shipped it all the way to Australia for me, she did an awesome job and was lovely, will definitely go with them again. I know a few others who have been equally satisfied. :)

CanuckSk8r
05-05-2004, 11:56 AM
Spreadeagle - I don't know about the designer you are asking about, but I do know that Dress Wright on Ice out of Mississauga is FANTASTIC! Deanna is the owner and is remarkable!! Lots of ideas, she takes into consideration what you want, what you are skating to, everything. My Mom used her for the costumes for Sweet Adelines and Deanna was incredible. Definately recommend her :bow: !!!! She has a website, just google Dress Wright on Ice and you can find more out if you like!

TreSk8sAZ
05-07-2004, 12:15 AM
I have bought several Wendesign dresses, both custom and stock. They are extremely well-designed and well made. Added to that, the women who make them are incredibly nice and easy to talk to. She actually designed my tango dress and it came out much better than anyone else who we had talked to.