View Full Version : Adult Nationals Exhibition

Figureskates
04-20-2004, 07:45 AM
To anyone who got to see it, it was fantastic!!

But of all the skaters, I think Shannon Keeler's was the most moving. Considering what she has gone through and to get out on the ice and do such a moving performance, brought a tear even to my eyes.

It gives pause to realize how lucky most of us are and how sometimes we
neglect to count our blessings. It's people like Shannon who help "realign" our perspective on life...

Thanks Shannon.

w.w.west
04-20-2004, 08:50 AM
To anyone who got to see it, it was fantastic!!

But of all the skaters, I think Shannon Keeler's was the most moving. Considering what she has gone through and to get out on the ice and do such a moving performance, brought a tear even to my eyes.

It gives pause to realize how lucky most of us are and how sometimes we
neglect to count our blessings. It's people like Shannon who help "realign" our perspective on life...

Thanks Shannon.

Well said. There are so very many more important things in life. Shannon has had to deal with one of the many challenges that life brings. When you think about issues such as health, family troubles, and needless suffering, it is easy to say "It's only Skating". We all need to remember that when we start to feel sorry for ourselves over a silly fall or not so great skating performance (myself included) and just feel thankful that we are able to go out there and skate at all.

flo
04-20-2004, 09:44 AM
Check out Shannon's photo on the usfsa site! It was a beautiful performance.