View Full Version : IFS Skating Cruise in August

skatingatty
04-19-2004, 01:07 PM
Hi everyone-
I'm planning to go on this skating cruise in mid-August. Is anyone else going? I've tried to investigate all I can about it, and this ship sounds magnificent! The link is www.ifscruise.com, and the complete payment's due May 15th. Kyoko Ina, John Zimmerman, Randy Gardner, Brian Orser, Oksana Bauil, and Lee Ann Miller are going to be there to give skating clinics. From what I've read, the skating rink is small, but it's better than nothing. Also, on the past cruises, Danny Claussen and Matthew Kessinger skated in the show, and reviews have said the skating quality was Olympic caliber. I'm dragging my husband along-- he'll get rental skates and shuffle around with me.

LoopsChick
04-19-2004, 09:54 PM
I haven't been on that particular ship, but I've been on 3 of its sister ships, and have loved them :) If you have any ship related questions, let me know, and I'll be happy to try and answer them for you ... I'm a big fan of RCI cruises :)

Jayne

skatingatty
04-20-2004, 03:12 PM
One question I have is, how do you get from Orlando airport to Port Canaveral? Is there a shuttle bus that we can take? I'd rather not deal with the hassle of renting a car. Thanks!

LoopsChick
04-20-2004, 10:38 PM
I think you can buy transfers fairly inexpensively from RCI and they will bus you over and back ... I haven't left from that particular port though, so I'm not sure, the cruises I've been on out of Florida have been either from Fort Lauderdale or Miami ...

Jayne

skatingatty
04-23-2004, 01:23 PM
Well, I'll be! My husband found an auction site where the very same cruise, without the IFS programs, can be had for as little as $600 per person. This is so much less than the $1300-1900 per person cost if you do the IFS magazine program. I don't know if the seminar, eating dinner w/the skaters, and watching them rehearse is really worth the extra $700+ per person.

backspin
04-23-2004, 01:36 PM
You should see if the skaters are available for private lessons rather than the seminar; you'd probably get more out of it, & save some money too!

Roseline
04-23-2004, 03:22 PM
Well, I'll be! My husband found an auction site where the very same cruise, without the IFS programs, can be had for as little as $600 per person.

Link please? ;) :)

skatingatty
04-26-2004, 02:02 PM
Doh!! I can't remember the link (try a google search on Royal Carribbean cruises and a bunch of different sites will come up), but it's no longer available for the Aug. 15th cruise, just the one the following week. :( Plus, with the news about the IFS magazine problems, I'm afraid to sign up for their cruise in case the program goes belly up. On orbitz.com, the Aug. 15th cruise can be had for $999 per person for the cheapest cabin.

Mikea
05-23-2004, 01:43 PM
skatingatty is a right--i heard that IFS has gone out of business, so i wonder if you'll be able to get a refund on your money? their customer service problems were notorious, so who knows if you'll even be able to get a hold of anyone or if your money is *poof* gone...good luck!

skatingatty
05-24-2004, 09:40 AM
Luckily I heard about the IFS problems on the internet and skating listserves, so I never did pay for the cruise over their website. I thought something was wrong when I signed up for the IFS cruise email list twice and never received any information. Finally, a few days before the payment deadline, I called the IFS number on their website, left a message, and never got a response. I'm still hoping to go on one of the Royal Carribbean cruises though. There are several new ships with skating rinks!