View Full Version : AN Group Assignments?

PattyP
04-01-2004, 11:35 AM
Has anyone here who is going to AN been able to find out their group assignments? If so, who did you contact to get it?

My coach would really like to know as she will have about 5 skaters this year and needs to be sure that she can cover all of us.

Less that 2 weeks before we go! :D

sk8er1964
04-01-2004, 12:10 PM
Haven't heard or seen a thing. I'd like to know too....

Spreadeagle
04-01-2004, 12:23 PM
I would love to know too! This is my 1st year going to AN and I heard that last year they posted the group assignments at the same time as the schedule. I'm a little worried that my coach is not going to be able to put me on the ice. :cry:

dani
04-01-2004, 01:24 PM
I want to know too!! I would love to know how many are in each group, too?

Hugs!

Danielle

ps) See you all there!!

skaternum
04-01-2004, 01:33 PM
I would love to know how many are in each group, too?

For Bronze and Silver ladies, it's almost always safe to assume they're full -- around 16. Maybe we'll be lucky this year, and they'll be smaller.

dani
04-01-2004, 01:36 PM
We had 41 (bronze II) total last year, so I had a group of 13.

How are everyone's practices going? Mine are definately up and down, I am hoping to peak at the right time ;-)

Hugs!
Danielle

daisies
04-01-2004, 01:59 PM
I sent a second email to Jennifer Hayes at ORDA regarding the groups, since my first one did not get a reply. I have never been to a competition where I didn't know which group I was in ahead of time. I know they are doing a lot of work for us, but I really think we need to know this info ahead of time. Not only do the coaches need to get their plans together, but as skaters the exact time we are competing makes a big difference as to when and how we practice, when we eat and rest, etc. I don't like leaving that stuff til the last minute. :(

flo
04-01-2004, 02:26 PM
We usually find out about a week before the event. Right now the referee is probably still sorting it all out and taking cancellations and conflicts into account. It's interesting that there are 4 groups in Interpretive II this year.

w.w.west
04-01-2004, 02:49 PM
Hello Everyone,

I know everyone is anxious to find out their groups (I am too). ORDA is working very hard to provide this information for us. I have been told that a mailing will go out early next week. The referee has had some family health issues to deal with along with the monumental task of getting a schedule together. I'm not sure if anything will be posted online, but everyone will know what groups they are in prior to arriving. Hang in there!

Gail

skaternum
04-01-2004, 03:45 PM
How are everyone's practices going? Mine are definately up and down ...

Bleech! Mine are going ... bleech. The spring pollen is out now, and it's really affecting my ability to breath, which I now understand is crucial to skating a program. :o Drugs, however, only make me buzzy or dizzy. Hope LP is still cold enough that nothing's blooming!

DancinDiva
04-01-2004, 08:19 PM
I won't be competing at AN, as I still have two more years till I'm old enough to be considered an adult, but I'll be going to watch. I don't know any of you personally, but I'll be cheering for everyone! Best of luck to you all!

techskater
04-01-2004, 10:02 PM
WWWest, thanks for the info. Hope the referee's family issue is better

Michigansk8er
04-02-2004, 05:59 PM
For those of us not going, this at least gives us an idea of when everything is. A definite change from last year in some instances.........such as no qualifying groups in Bronze III last year, and 2 this year. That's more like it. :D

http://www.lakeplacidskating.com/adltnatcompsched.htm

Everyone be sure to let those of us at home know when you are skating, so we can watch for your placements. Good luck everyone, and Sk8Gr8!!!!!!

SkateGuard
04-02-2004, 10:26 PM
Thanks, w.w.west, for the update.

Last year was my first AN's, and I really didn't know anything past that my event was one of the first. And it all turned out OK. I landed my flip and lutz for the first time in a competition, and minus the beginning of my acid reflux nightmare, it was a fun time.

If you're starting to try to figure it out, I'd "worst-case senario" using the schedule we have.

Erin
(who is finally getting some quality time in the home office--and the home ice--right before AN's. I love my company!)