View Full Version : Competition in Laurel, MD

sk8pics
03-31-2004, 06:00 AM
I just wanted to let people know that there is a nonqualifying/club competition in Laurel, Maryland, the weekend of May 14-16. They have a number of adult events, including Bronze to Masters Freeskating events, Artistic, Interpretive (improvisational), and Spins. Applications have to be postmarked by April 1 (no, I'm not kidding!). I just noticed it on line yesterday. Below is the link:

http://www.gardensfsc.org

I'm going to enter the artistic event and maybe the interpretive.

Pat
(edited to correct link)

erdehoff
03-31-2004, 09:00 AM
Boo, no young adult events. :evil: Of course, two weeks after that, I'll be able to skate with the "real" grown-ups at last, but still.

Also, I think it's www.gardensfsc.org rather than .com. Thanks for the notice!

skaternum
03-31-2004, 09:01 AM
Boo, no young adult events. :evil: Of course, two weeks after that, I'll be able to skate with the "real" grown-ups at last, but still.

Oh, boy! We've hooked another one! :P

sk8pics
03-31-2004, 09:34 AM
Oops, thanks for the correction on the link.

RNsk8r
03-31-2004, 04:11 PM
erdehoff, don't let the fact that there isn't any young adult events scare you off. I've skated in this comp. for the past three years in the adult events. Send in the application anyway for your appropriate level-probably the silver level. I'm getting ready to file my application right now. I am the only young adult they've had skate with the adults, but I don't think it should be a problem. Plus with two of us, they might separate it out, you never know.