View Full Version : Red Bank, NJ

dbny
03-23-2004, 09:07 PM
Does anyone skate there? I have a student moving away, who will be skating there and would love to be able to suggest a coach or two.

LWalsh
03-24-2004, 08:29 AM
Oh No!

Your student won't be skating there... here's why.

The owner hates figure skaters. He thinks they wreck his ice and put holes in it. Really, I swear. He's a big hockey player and very anal about his rink. There is no freestyle sessions at all and you are not allowed to skate backwards even at public sessions. I do think there is some sort of group lessons but there;'s no where to go after finishing them. Having said that, it is however the most beautiful rink I've ever skated at (back years ago when he allowed one incredibly expensive freestyle session a week - $30 per 1.5 hours)

Your student will have no choice but to go to Wall Sports Arena about 10 minutes south of Red Bank or Woodbridge which is north. Wall is perpetually under construction and not very good looking but offers morning freestyle and afternoon sessions.

Sorry to burst somebody's bubble but Red Bank is NOT figure skater friendly.

If your student ends up at Wall which is where I skate, there are good coaches for all levels. If you PM me with the student's age and level I can suggest somebody for you.

sk8pics
03-24-2004, 11:33 AM
Where is Red Bank? I don't know how near it is, but I have heard good things about the Igloo in Mt. Laurel. PM me if you want and I can tell you the name of a coach teaching part time there.

Pat