View Full Version : deleted

twokidsskatemom
03-17-2004, 02:14 AM
Sorry, Didnt know I wasnt allowed to edit my own coments. I came to ask a ?, which the parents semed to have no trouble understanding.
However, when told it has no merit if under fs 4 or under fs 10 or whatever They think, then it all changed.The skate parents and most coaches got what I asked and gave how they felt.I had no issues with what they said, good or bad.
The skate adults acted like I was crazy and suck it up and stay out of usfsa ect.Like I am a bit--- parent. Her caoch and another coach both said the same thing, but nope, it doesnt happen cause some of you say so.You act like this is black and white and you know it all but it seems pretty grey to us.

There are plenty of mb for skaters, but this isnt it for me.Thanks to everyone who was helpful and like skating you win and lose some.

:)

SkateFan123
03-17-2004, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by twokidsskatemom
Sorry, Didnt know I wasnt allowed to edit my own coments. I came to ask a ?, which the parents semed to have no trouble understanding.
However, when told it has no merit if under fs 4 or under fs 10 or whatever They think, then it all changed.The skate parents and most coaches got what I asked and gave how they felt.I had no issues with what they said, good or bad.
The skate adults acted like I was crazy and suck it up and stay out of usfsa ect.Like I am a bit--- parent. Her caoch and another coach both said the same thing, but nope, it doesnt happen cause some of you say so.You act like this is black and white and you know it all but it seems pretty grey to us.

There are plenty of mb for skaters, but this isnt it for me.Thanks to everyone who was helpful and like skating you win and lose some.

Of course you can edit your comments. Who told you otherwise?

peaches
03-17-2004, 08:12 AM

If a thread is closed, you can't get in to edit your posts.

skaternum
03-17-2004, 08:51 AM
However, when told it has no merit if under fs 4 or under fs 10 or whatever They think, then it all changed. <snip> The skate adults acted like I was crazy and suck it up and stay out of usfsa ect.Like I am a bit--- parent. Her caoch and another coach both said the same thing, but nope, it doesnt happen cause some of you say so.You act like this is black and white and you know it all but it seems pretty grey to us.

You're blowing it way out of proportion. Several people told you they thought you were going overboard. You clearly didn't like hearing it.

Skatewind
03-17-2004, 11:05 AM
It is considered rude & lacking in etiquette to go back & delete and/or entirely edit the context of your posts when others have already responded, not only on this message board but others I read. The other thread was probably closed because it had 3 pages of discussion & then you went back & deleted or edited all your posts which completely changes the context of the discussion & the topic. So I'm not sure I understand the point you want to make about this.

Jim D
03-17-2004, 11:45 AM
Sorry, Didnt know I wasnt allowed to edit my own coments.

twokidsskatemom,

By the time that this contentious thread was brought to the attention of the moderators, you had deleted or edited many of your comments / posts. Thus making it very difficult to determine what was or was not happening on that thread.

Yes, you are allowed to edit your post to correct errors. … However, this should be done judiciously or it does give the appearance that one has made inappropriate statements that one is now seeking to conceal. This is a tactic that has only too often been used by those whoes primary intent is to cause trouble.

I am not suggesting that this was your purpose in doing so, but I do strongly suggest that in the future you show a certain restraint in editing. That would avoid any possibility of your actions being misconstrued.

Jim D :halo:

twokidsskatemom
03-17-2004, 11:58 AM
hi
I just made the coment based on the fact she said not to delete them and i had already done that.
i deleted them cause i was tired of the whole thing and the thread had lost its meaning :) Two people acted like they knew more than the rest. I have no issues with different ideas ect, that is why i came here in the first place.It was being told how stupid I was and how I had a promlem that bothered me.No one knows me or my dd or how they skate. to say.... no, it NEVER happens at that level is just way off base.To be put down is not needed at any time.The skate parents and some coaches had great ideas and we have moved on, just like i wish this would :) no, i didnt post here to make troble but i dont like people being and acting so much better than anyone else.The two people who egged it on where the ones acting like stuff never happens.
But i do thank all the ones who have btdt and had great ideas.Now we know more on how things work, we will know more for her next time.Win some, lose some and life goes on;)I know how she skates, so does her coach and the kids she skates with.

Skatewind
03-17-2004, 01:21 PM
You may have disagreed with the comments by two people, but you inappropriately deleted/edited your comments so that it affects everyone who opens the thread to read it. Again, this is considered bad etiquette on the message boards, so what is your point?

Maybe it's better to think twice before making a post if you don't intend to stand behind what you are writing. Posts should be available for all to read who want to access the thread. Editing for typos or grammar is understandable, but the context of the posts & the thread isn't supposed to be changed so significantly. If people disagree & it is very bothersome to you, make a final point & then leave it at that. Why be rude & alienate others on the message board because you disagree with a couple people?

twokidsskatemom
03-17-2004, 01:35 PM
Originally posted by Skatewind
You may have disagreed with the comments by two people, but you inappropriately deleted/edited your comments so that it affects everyone who opens the thread to read it. Again, this is considered bad etiquette on the message boards, so what is your point?

Maybe it's better to think twice before making a post if you don't intend to stand behind what you are writing. Posts should be available for all to read who want to access the thread. Editing for typos or grammar is understandable, but the context of the posts & the thread isn't supposed to be changed so significantly. If people disagree & it is very bothersome to you, make a final point & then leave it at that. Why be rude & alienate others on the message board because you disagree with a couple people?

Maybe its bad , but I think you said that already.And so did the mods so why do you feel the need to answer back again?I got it the first time You said it.
This is again beating a dead horse but please please keep telling me how wrong I was to do it.I didnt hear you the first time you know :twisted: I wasnt being rude but some are.

Jim D
03-17-2004, 02:17 PM
The continuation of this discussion would seem to serve no useful purpose. … Therefore, this thread is closed. ~~ Jim D