View Full Version : Fluffy/Flat Lessons/Practices - Mar 14 - 20

garyc254
03-16-2004, 10:43 AM
Flat: Everybody in the Snowplow Sam 2 class must have missed their afternoon nap. 8O Parents were carrying their kids in asleep in their arms. The young girl that normally can't wipe the smile off of her face, cried and whined the entire lesson. I felt like crying by the time class was over. :lol:

Fluffy: The Sam 1 class was in excellent form. Having had only one previous lesson, they really tried hard. For some just getting up off of the ice was a challenge, but they worked hard at it and got my appropriate applause (I use the Fonzy thumbs up) when they succeeded.

The adult beginner class was spunky. They were pushing themselves a little harder to try new things, hence a few minor falls with a little minor bruising. They're well on their way to consistent one foot glides. One "girl" even tried some front crossovers with the coach holding her hand for support.

Isk8NYC
03-16-2004, 11:40 AM
flat: I made a mis-speak in discussing test levels with a parent. The director chewed me out for apologizing for my mistake. Well, nice to know that my back is covered, even if I'm wrong!!!

Turns out, a few of the kids that moved up to my class weren't tested properly and are actually lower-level than the test sheets show. Now I have to go back and re-test the whole group and work on elements I thought were mastered.

fluffy: I had a kid trial my group lesson (Basic 4/5) and she loved it! She's signing up, but insists on being in my group, which is a little bit too high for her skating level. Well, maybe it'll work out okay in the end.

My little "don'twannabehere" student decided to give the other instructors the cold shoulder treatment today. At least I know it's not me, she dislikes all of us equally. An equal opportunity grump at five!

twokidsskatemom
03-16-2004, 12:41 PM
fluffy.... she is working on her 3 turn,a half flip.She had a great lesson yesterday.
She will practice today and have another lesson tommorow.her privates are short, no longer than20 min and there are no group lessons this week due to spring break.
Flat....I can only seem to skate and do t pushes with one leg
:( When I lift my other leg, I seem to fall. Will try again tommorow too:)