View Full Version : Wifas - your experiences please?

The Ice Demon
03-15-2004, 09:36 PM
I know there have been threads about these before and I have searched and read them, but I am keen for more information about Wifa Diamonds for a friend.

Has anyone bought them recently?
How do they rate compared to other boots?
How quickly do they break down for an adult skater who is landing double axels and triple toes and sals??

Just keen for more info. Living in New Zealand it is always difficult buying new skating equipment.

thanks

dbny
03-15-2004, 10:03 PM
I was just told by a Russian coach who has toured for years, that Wifas used to be very popular in Europe, but that the quality had gone way down.

TashaKat
03-16-2004, 01:23 AM
Hi :)

I used to use Wifa Super Goldstar for Dance and loved them but when I decided to go with Diamonds for Free didn't find them supportive enough (I was doing singles and learning axel and doubles) plus they killed my ankle bones (which the SG's never did!). It wasn't just a little ouchie it was a crippling, bawling pain :(

Since then I have known people who've bought them and they say the same, that the quality isn't the same. My coach sent hers back because of the quality and TWO of her pupil's boots actually split ..... unfortunately they couldn't return them because they'd cut them down at the back but they'd done that before on their other boots without a problem!

I used Harlicks now and if I ever get skating 'properly' again will get Harlicks for Dance too. I've bought direct from the US and not had an ounce of trouble, you just need someone to do your measurements and tracings for you.

x

Mrs Redboots
03-16-2004, 12:07 PM
I've always been told that they are okay, but the absolute worst boot on the market to break in! But once they have, I believe they are fine.

dorvalskater1
03-17-2004, 07:18 AM
I have Wifas and so far I love them, a real pain to break in, but now they are great. I am only doing up to double loop though, so I can't say what they are like for double axel....but so far, they are the best I hace had.