View Full Version : rinks near Breckenridge and/or Denver, CO?

mikawendy
03-14-2004, 04:47 PM
Hi, everyone! I will be in Breckenridge, Colorado, this summer for a family reunion. I'll be flying into Denver, renting a car and driving to Breckenridge.

Do any of you know of any rinks in the Breckenridge area or that are on the way from Denver to Breckenridge AND that are open in the summer?

Thanks so much!! :D

Tessie
03-14-2004, 05:15 PM
Try: www.arenamaps.com

good luck

conc
03-15-2004, 07:43 AM
milkawendy -

There is a rink in Breckenridge (two surfaces IIRC - one inside and a smaller one outside under a roof). Nice rink. Our daughter skated in a show there several years ago.

I'm sorry - I don't remeber the name though.

Sk8r4Life
03-15-2004, 12:04 PM
The rink in Breckenridge is called Stephen C. West arena, and is located at the south end of town. It's only about 3-4 years old and is GORGEOUS! And it is definitely open in the summer.

Sk8Bunny
03-16-2004, 05:34 PM
I skated at the rink in Breckenridge about 3 summers ago, when it had just recently opened. I have never skated in a more beautiful facility before. The building is nestled amongst the stunning colorado landscape, and the indoor rink has windows so you can see pine trees and stuff outside while skating inside. Way awesome. If i recall correctly, the ice wasnt all that great, but everything else was really nice.

mikawendy
03-19-2004, 02:52 PM
Thanks for the info, everyone! :D

mikawendy
05-19-2004, 04:34 PM
So it turns out that my trip this summer will be to Vail, not Breckenridge. I'll be staying in Avon and visiting people in Vail. I won't have a rental car, but family members of mine will.

Do any of you know how long of a drive it is between Avon and Breckenridge? The Stephen C. West Arena there sounds really nice, but it looks like it's about 40 miles away from Avon. Since most of my 4-day trip will be spent with family, I don't know that I'll be able to go to that rink for a public skate... (I just had a brilliant idea--maybe I'll suggest it as a group outing...)

Does anyone also know whether the Dobson Arena in Vail will be open for public skating or freestyle sessions in August? It looks like it's closed for repairs right now.

Any more info would be appreciated!

Thanks very much!

Spreadeagle
05-20-2004, 09:35 AM
You would probably be better off going to the Dobson arena in Vail as it is about a 35 or so minute drive to Breck from Avon. The Dobson arena is very nice also. They have a competition there around the middle of July, so they should be open for August. It's probably just their annual repairs that are going on now. I also had heard that another rink was opening in the Vail area, but I don't know much about it.