View Full Version : SK Pro boots

hermione_on_ice
03-10-2004, 11:40 PM
First post and I'm already asking questions...hope that's not a problem!
I found a pair of SK Pro boots online that are really cheap and I was wondering if anyone ever wore them, or if they heard anyting about the SK company. I know Elvis Stojoko wore one of their high-end model skates in Nagano, but that doesn't really help me make up my mind one way or another. I'm working on my axel and (on my good days) my double jumps. Do you think this model would be a good choice?

jp1andOnly
03-11-2004, 12:18 AM
SK boots used to be good but now they stink. I haven't heard anyone who has bought them in quite some time. If I remember correctly, one or 2 years ago SK had a 50% off sale 'cause thye couldn't seel their boots.

Are you sure Elvis wore SK? They are a Canadian made boot but I dont know if he wore them.

sk8er1964
03-11-2004, 06:40 AM
I've never heard of SK boots, so I have no opinion on them.

If you are working on an axel and doubles, then in my opinion you should not buy boots on line unless it has been recommended by a good boot fitter. You could risk injury trying those kind of jumps in boots that don't fit well and/or don't support you well.

Good luck, and welcome to our little group! :D

skatepixie
03-11-2004, 02:19 PM
ITA Skater1964! Although, I wouldnt see buying stock boots of the brand/model/size as ones that work for you already as bad...but if you are going to upgrade or change brands...well, then....get a real fitter.

As for the SK's...get a boot that is well known....just my advice...

hermione_on_ice
03-11-2004, 09:37 PM
Thanks, everyone! I wasn't exactly set on buying the skates. I just saw them and thought I'd ask around and see how people who wore them felt about the brand. Obviously, since I'm not the only one who hasn't heard about the skates, it can't be that great a boot :).

luna_skater
03-12-2004, 07:20 PM
SK USED to be a very well-known brand, but as someone mentioned earlier, they have decreased in quality over the years. Most skaters I know who have them bought them prior to 1995 or so. They used to be one of the stiffest boots you can get, but I don't hear much about them anymore.