View Full Version : New Judging System

aloha
03-08-2004, 10:51 AM
I'm doing a persuasive essay in english on the new judging system. My teacher asked if I could get some opinions from other skaters about what they think. If anyone could give some feedback on what they think that would be greatly appreciated

Thanks Aloha

skaternum
03-08-2004, 11:02 AM
I'm confused. Are you asking us our opinions? Or are you asking us to give you links to where you'll find quotes from elite skaters on their opinions?

aloha
03-08-2004, 11:28 AM
I am asking for your opinions. but now that you say links to elite skaters that would be greatly appreciated too!

Thanks so much Aloha

NoVa Sk8r
03-08-2004, 11:38 AM
This was from last November:

http://usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=687&type=news

MQSeries
03-08-2004, 11:50 AM
Check out the current issue of "Blades", the one with Sasha on the cover. There are several pages devoted to the COP system.

singerskates
03-08-2004, 10:36 PM
I'm an Canadian adult skater who thinks the Code Of Points is a great tool for judging and for the skaters who get judge by it.

For the judges, they finally have guidelines on the presentation side of the marks and each thing like Skating Skills, interpretation of the music chosen and so on get a value. It's not a number picked out of a magicians hat anymore. ON the technical side, each element has a base value and these don't just include jumps but spins, footwork and field moves also.

Skaters finally get instant feed back when they have their results printed out. They can see where they excelled or where they need to work harder. It's no longer a secret how a skater is marked.

I wish all competitions were marked this way including the US so called Adult interpretive events which really are showcase events in which the judges pick what ever suits their fancy at the moment.

singerskates

SkateFan123
03-09-2004, 06:50 AM
Originally posted by NoVa Sk8r
This was from last November:

http://usfsa.org/Story.asp?id=687&type=news :??

Keep in mind when reading this that skaters, judges, coaches, etc who speak out against any ISU policy can be banned from ISU events. Look at articles with pros who no longer compete under the ISU who are commenting about this.

Good luck with your research.

aloha
03-11-2004, 08:18 PM
Thanks everyone for the info... it's greatly appreciated

Aloha

aloha
05-24-2004, 10:56 PM
Hey again, I'm doin some more work on this topic with school would any one else like to give some opinions???

thanks
aloha